Meet Sophie Barnes
Born in Denmark, Sophie has spent her youth traveling with her parents to wonderful places all around the world. She has studied design in Paris and New York and has a bachelor's degree from Parson's School of design, but most impressive of all - she's been married to the same man three times, in three different countries and in three different dresses.
While living in Africa, Sophie turned to her lifelong passion - writing. She currently lives on the East Coast.
Connect with Sophie: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter
As much as I love summer, there’s something special about bundling up with warm woolen sweaters, drinking hot cocoa and reading in a comfy chair by the fire. I look forward to it with great anticipation once we approach the end of November/beginning of December. Especially because of Christmas – my favorite holiday of the year. And while I do dread shoveling snow and navigating icy roads, here are five things that I wouldn’t want to do without:
- Decorating the house. This is so much fun! The kids and I do it together, unpacking all the items that have been hidden away for the past year. Some have been family gifts that, when hung up, help close the distance between the US and Europe and bring us all closer together.
- Shopping for presents. A lot of thought goes into this. Nothing beats finding just the right gift for someone and seeing the look of appreciation in their eyes as they unwrap it.
- Reading Christmas stories. It’s so – hyggeligt* – to re-read some of these wonderful stories that we don’t get to read the rest of the year. I read them to my kids at bedtime and am especially fond of The Night Before Christmas and The Spirit of Christmas.
- Listening to holiday music. What would Christmas be without Bing Crosby? Many of these songs take me back to my childhood. There are so many wonderful memories attached that just writing this right now is bringing tears to my eyes. My favorite song is probably Oh Holy Night along with some Danish ones that hold sentimental appeal.
- Christmas Dinner. Thanksgiving isn’t a tradition of mine though I do celebrate it now since I live in the US. For me the big family dinner of the year has always been Christmas dinner and after that, singing carols around the tree and opening presents on Christmas eve – as the Scandinavians do. There’s a roast with crackling, a duck stuffed with prunes and apples, sometimes a turkey, lots of wonderful side dishes and rice pudding with almonds and hot cherry sauce for dessert.
ADD TO GOOREADS
Series: Diamonds In the Rough #1
Page Count: 384
Release Date: June 27, 2017
He never thought he'd become a duke, or that the secrets of his past would cost him his greatest love...
Raphe Matthews hasn’t stepped foot in polite circles since a tragedy left his once-noble family impoverished and in debt. The bare-knuckle boxer has spent the last fifteen years eking out an existence for himself and his two sisters. But when a stunning reversal of fortune lands Raphe the title of Duke of Huntley, he’s determined to make a go of becoming a proper lord, but he’ll need a little help, and his captivating neighbor might be just the woman for the job…
After her sister’s scandalous match, Lady Gabriella knows the ton’s eyes are on her. Agreeing to tutor the brutish new duke can only lead to ruin. Although she tries to control her irresistible attraction to Raphe, every day she spends with him only deepens her realization that this may be the one man she cannot do without. And as scandal threatens to envelop them both, she must decide if she can risk everything for love with a most unlikely duke.
Buy From: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Books-a-Million | Book Depository
Sophie is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card.
Leave a comment for Sophie: What are some of your favorite Christmas songs? What songs do you wish would never hear again? Are there versions of songs that you like from a particular musician?
Fill out the rafflecopter form to enter the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Fine Print: Open to persons of 18 years or older, some restrictions may apply. Giveaway runs December 1st-31st. Follow instructions on rafflecopter form to enter. Winner will be contacted by email so make sure you enter a valid email address. Kati/Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged package once items are sent. No substitutions or replacements due to nature of prizes. By entering the giveaway you agree to the terms stated.