Meet Lily Blackwood
Lily is also the RITA Nominated author of Regency romances, Lily Dalton.
Connect with Lily: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter
Kati, thank you so much for having me here for Romancing Rakes’ 2017 Joyathon!
I’m from Texas, where some years it can be a balmy 90 degrees on Christmas, so sometimes we need a little help getting into the “’Tis the Season” mood! Like many families, mine makes that happen by embracing traditions that are special to this time of year. Here’s just a few of our favorites:
- I always make Berlinerkranser cookies, which are little Norwegian holiday wreath cookies. Are we from Norway? No, but when I was little, my mother pulled a little booklet out of a magazine, called “Betty Crocker’s Festive Fixin’s with a Foreign Flair” and we picked one of the recipes to make together. I can tell you the exact name, because I have the booklet in my book of family recipes. I’ve had fun with my daughter making them every year, to take and share with the rest of the family.
- Some families talk about their tradition of arguing and tension during the holidays. My family just gets silly. Matching pajamas? Everyone’s game. Crazy game that no one has ever heard of? Let’s play it. My brother, three years ago, bought everyone lucha libre masks. Needless to say, we have very interesting photographs from that year.
- We pull out all the old pictures. My family loves family, and family history. My dad, in particular, is an amazing genealogist. It’s important to all of us to know and remember names and events and stories, and where people lived and worked and why. Christmas is the perfect time for hearing new stories and remembering old ones.
- Pass the phone! We make phone calls at Christmas, to talk to relatives who live far away, and who couldn’t join us.
- The holidays are a time for reading. We all live crazy busy lives, and don’t get much time to relax. At Christmas, we’re confined to one place for a span of days, and we actually get to slow down. In those low times between all the festivities, those of us who aren’t napping, are reading books.
Series: Highland Warrior #2
ADD TO GOODREADS
Page Count: 318
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Release Date: December 6, 2016
LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD
Since childhood, Magnus has been led to believe he is the Laird Alwyn’s bastard, and raised to hate the Clan Kincaid. But when he learns he is without a doubt the son of the murdered Laird Kincaid, his life as he has always known it is shattered. Now, hiding his knowledge and his fury, he returns to Burnbryde Castle, awaiting the chance to strike against the man whose treachery robbed him of his legacy. His first act of rebellion: to steal a kiss from the redheaded beauty who’s betrothed to the Alwyn’s eldest son and heir.
Since her arrival at Burnbryde, Tara Iverach has been confined to a tower to guard her virtue before she marries. But after a surprise embrace with a lean, bare-chested Highlander who claims to be the Alwyn’s oldest son, she can’t contain her excitement over her good fate. Unfortunately, he is the wrong eldest son, and she is set to marry his cruel and lecherous half brother, Hugh. Can Magnus conquer his rivals and claim his Kincaid destiny before the woman who’s captured his heart becomes his sworn enemy’s bride?
Buy From: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Books-a-Million | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:
Leave a comment for Lily: Do you have extended family over for the holidays every year or do you like spending some quiet time with your immediate family?
Fill out the rafflecopter form to enter the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Fine Print: Open to persons of 18 years or older, some restrictions may apply. Giveaway runs December 1st-31st. Follow instructions on rafflecopter form to enter. Winner will be contacted by email so make sure you enter a valid email address. Kati/Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged package once items are sent. No substitutions or replacements due to nature of prizes. By entering the giveaway you agree to the terms stated.