Meet Lauren Smith
Connect with Lauren: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter
It seems like only a brief period of time passes between the pumpkins lit with candles on porches, to the scuttling of gold and red leaves along the street as turkey roasts in the oven. And then…one morning we realize we’re that much closer to the winter holidays. There’s an undeniable magic about the Christmas season, the hint of cinnamon and nutmeg in the air, the distant toll of church bells on cold bright mornings and the Christmas trees festooned with lights and ornaments winking from the windows of houses facing the street.
When winter arrives, there are five things I absolutely must do to fully enjoy the winter holidays!
- Prepare the Christmas Feast with my mother. – I’m not much of a natural cook on my own, but I really have a wonderful time in the kitchen with my mother as she reminds me each year how to make our family’s special recipes that have been carried down for four generations.
- Take my dogs on an early morning walk in the snow. – For as long as I can remember, this has been a sacred ritual. I leash the dogs, and take them through the neighborhoods, listening to how quiet the snow covered streets are.
- Watching Christmas movies with my brother. – For my brother, Grant, and I, this is the best part of season. We watch all sorts of funny movies, sometimes even bad ones, but that’s what makes it fun is all the laughter we share during our movie marathons.
- Catching up on sports with my father. – I’m not actually a lover of sports…but for as long as I’ve been alive, the holiday season doesn’t seem real unless I hear the distant sounds of football games coming from another room. My dad adores sports and won’t miss a game for anything and I love hearing him regale me with the latest amazing plays he just watched.
- Reconnecting with family. – In this day and age, I sometimes feel more isolated than ever with all of the phones, tablets and apps that are supposed to bring us closer. There’s nothing better for me than the holidays when I get to see my cousins who live twelve hours away. We put our phones away and we play our favorite board game: Beyond Balderdash.
What are your favorite holidays traditions?
Series: The League of Rogues #4
ADD TO GOODREADS
Page Count: 369
Publisher: Lauren Smith
Release Date: October 17, 2016
A LORD WITH LEGENDARY CONTROL…
Merciless and powerful, Ashton Lennox is a wealthy man because he puts business before everything else, especially love. As a member of the infamous League of Rogues, he’s no stranger to scandal. His bedroom conquests are as legendary as his fortune. As he searches for a way to bring down an old enemy bent on destroying the lives of his friends, the last thing he needs is a Scottish widow getting in his way.
A FIERY WOMAN WHO WON’T BACK DOWN…
The daughter of a Scottish lord with a dark and treacherous past, Rosalind Melbourne has spent years distancing from her past. After escaping her tyrannical father and marrying an aging English lord, she has become a powerful widow with a business empire at her command. Her business dealings are everything to her, leaving her no time for love. Especially not with her business rival Ashton, a man with a scandalous reputation as striking as his blue eyes.
A GAME OF WITS TURNS TO A GAME OF SEDUCTION…
Ashton is fascinated by the strong-willed, intelligent and sensual lady who, up until now, had outsmarted him at every turn. Rosalind wishes she could deny she is falling for the brooding, handsome baron. How can she possibly trust him when doing so could cost her what she values most—her freedom? When Ashton discovers Rosalind might hold the key to saving the League of Rogues, he knows he will do anything to woo his wicked lass. As their pasts return to haunt them and dark forces rise to keep them from exposing a deadly spymaster, their game of love turns to a game of survival…
Warning: This book includes a brooding baron who’s wild in bed, a crafty Scottish lass who never knows when to quit, a wicked game of strip chess, and a merry band of rogues whose first instinct is to run they hear wedding bells ring.
Buy From: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo
Other Books in Series:
Leave a comment for Lauren: What are your favorite holidays traditions?
Fill out the rafflecopter form to enter the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Fine Print: Open to persons of 18 years or older, some restrictions may apply. Giveaway runs December 1st-31st. Follow instructions on rafflecopter form to enter. Winner will be contacted by email so make sure you enter a valid email address. Kati/Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged package once items are sent. No substitutions or replacements due to nature of prizes. By entering the giveaway you agree to the terms stated.