Meet Darcy Burke
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of hot, action-packed historical and sexy, emotional contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations.
A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her devoted husband, their two great kids, and two Bengal cats. In her “spare” time Darcy is a serial volunteer enrolled in a 12-step program where one learns to say “no,” but she keeps having to start over. She’s also a fair-weather runner, and her happy places are Disneyland and Labor Day weekend at the Gorge.
Connect with Darcy: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter
I’m so thrilled to be at Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance today! I’m sharing a few of my favorite things - and while I would agree that I like cream colored ponies and brown paper packages tied up with string, I’ll try to be more original. (My daughter performed in The Sound of Music at her high school in November so this song is still in my head!) Winter is actually my second favorite season after fall, which I realize is a bit odd. What can I say? I love snow and snuggling by the fire and the holidays. But wait, I’m giving away my list! Without further ado, here’s why I love this season so much:
1) The aforementioned snuggling. I love a roaring fire (okay, my gas fireplace doesn’t roar, but we used to have a real wood fireplace and while it was more work, it also smelled awesome), plush blankets, cocoa (maybe with some Bailey’s thrown in!), my family, and a cat or two. Cozying up with a cat on you is about the best thing ever.
2) Annual events and get-togethers. Spending time with friends and family seems a bit harder in the summer as we’re all busy going different directions. This time of year we have a lot of reasons to get together and I just love that. Some favorites include Friendsgiving, Zoolights, and New Year’s Eve.
3) My anniversary. This year Mr. Burke and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage just a few days after Christmas. We decided to get married at this time of year because it’s so joyous and beautiful (and hey, the decorations are amazing - I love garland and candlelight!). We really enjoy going out for our anniversary—whether it’s dinner downtown, wine tasting, or just going to the movies, there's a festive mood in the air that just lends itself to celebration and love.
4) New Year’s. I tend to get wrapped up in nostalgia so looking back at the past year always makes me verklempt, as does looking forward to the year ahead. I’m an eternal optimist so the idea of renewal and starting fresh always gives me a boost.
5) The weather. It’s true! I love a brisk, cold day, a torrential rainstorm, and, if we’re very very lucky, snow. Admittedly, I live in a very temperate area (Oregon’s Willamette Valley), so my opinion would likely be different if I lived in, say, the midwest or upstate New York. Sometimes I think I look forward to a snow day even more than my kids!
What do you love about winter?
Series: The Untouchables #3
ADD TO GOODREADS
Page Count: 222
Publisher: Darcy Burke
Release Date: November 15, 2016
After five years on the Marriage Mart, Miss Aquilla Knox is ready for spinsterhood until a benefactress steps in to help her secure a husband. Only Aquilla doesn’t actually want to marry—her failure is entirely on purpose. When the earl she’s nicknamed the Duke of Deception sets his sights on her, she refuses to be drawn in by her attraction to him. If there’s one thing she knows it’s that a gentleman is never what he seems.
Edward Bishop, Earl of Sutton, has a reputation for courting young misses and dropping them without a second thought. This has earned him a reputation for deceit, a description he can’t refute because he does in fact, harbor secrets and will do anything—deceive anyone—to ensure they don’t come to light. As he comes to know the charming Miss Knox, his resolve is tested. However, trust comes at a price and Ned won’t pay with his heart.
Buy From: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo
Other Books in Series:
Leave a comment for Darcy: What do you love about winter?
Fill out the rafflecopter form to enter the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Fine Print: Open to persons of 18 years or older, some restrictions may apply. Giveaway runs December 1st-31st. Follow instructions on rafflecopter form to enter. Winner will be contacted by email so make sure you enter a valid email address. Kati/Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged package once items are sent. No substitutions or replacements due to nature of prizes. By entering the giveaway you agree to the terms stated.