Ever since Christy English picked up a fake sword in stage combat class at the age of fourteen, she has lived vicariously through the sword-wielding women of her imagination. A banker by day and a writer by night, she loves to eat chocolate, drink too many soft drinks, and walk the mountain trails of her home in North Carolina.
Five Reasons Why Highlanders Are Sexy with Christy English
Ever since I first read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, I have adored Highland heroes. Jamie Fraser embodies all the qualities hot Highlanders possess. As everyone is already familiar with Jamie, instead I am going to explore the five best traits of a sexy Highlander through my own Highland Hero, Robert Waters from my latest romantic romp, HOW TO WED A WARRIOR.
1) As the title of my new novel suggests, Highlanders are so sexy because they are warriors. They always take up arms to protect their friends and family, and the women they love. In one scene, Robert Waters defends Prudence, the heroine of my novel, from men who try to kill her at a London wharf. Pru gets a few licks in, and does a decent job of defending herself, but Robbie does not hesitate to dispatch the nefarious characters who threaten her. Robbie and Pru end up fighting side by side for a short time, but Robbie is the one who has been trained to fight in close combat, and he takes care of the aggressors quickly (with a little help from some passing Scots). Robbie will always stand between Pru and anyone trying to hurt her. He is a warrior and a man of courage—and what could be sexier than that?
2) Another trait that's sexy about Highlanders is that they are men of action. They will hold their ground even in a losing battle; they don't flinch from conflict, even if it leads to loss. Robbie never hesitates to act quickly and decisively, no matter what the circumstances. He is not rash, but thinks quickly, and after assessing a given situation, he makes an intelligent move.
3) Highlanders are sexy because they are loving. While they may not always be the type of guys to write poetry and send flowers, they are secure enough to do that and more if they choose. They express love openly both to their women and to their families. Robbie Waters is a good example of this because he is sweet to his sister, Mary Elizabeth. When she runs away without telling anyone where she's headed, he does not scold her but asks her what is really wrong and does his best to help. He also gives her a hug.
4) Highlanders are sexy because they love music. Robbie is a musician who is constantly composing songs for the Gathering of his Clan at the end of the summer. He beats out music on the top of the Duchess of Northumberland's pianoforte, and he plays his fife. In HOW TO WED A WARRIOR, he does not write a song for Pru, but I suspect as the years go by, he will be writing more than one song for his lovely English wife.
5) Like the romancing rakes we love to read about, once caught, Highlanders make wonderful husbands. Robbie states the matter this way: once he falls in love with Pru, he has found "the woman of his life." And once they are married, Robbie protects her, loves her, treats her sweetly, and takes care of her as she deals with the problems she faces. Robbie backs Pru no matter what. That is a wonderful trait to find in a husband.
There are many reasons to love sexy Highlanders. I’d be thrilled if you’d add to the fun! If you'd like, leave a comment below with a reason why you find Highlanders sexy.
Page Count: 352 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (February 2, 2016)
He’s the scourge of the Season...
Reasons to quit London:
1. It’s not the Highlands.
2. It will never be the Highlands.
3. It’s full of the bloody English.
When his wild spitfire of a sister makes a scene by drawing a claymore in Hyde Park, Highlander Robert Waters knows something must be done. To forestall the inevitable scandal, he hires widowed Prudence Whittaker to teach his sister how to be a lady—never expecting to find unbridled passion beneath the clever Englishwoman’s prim exterior.
Mrs. Whittaker is a fraud. Born Lady Prudence Farthington, daughter of the ruined earl of Lynwood, she’s never even been married. In order to make her way in the world, she has to rely on her wits and a web of lies...lies a sexy Highlander is all too close to unraveling.
He swears he will possess her; she vows he will do nothing of the sort. Yet as passions heat, Prudence comes to realize the illicit pleasure that can be had in going toe-to-toe with a Scot.
a Rafflecopter giveaway