She has held a variety of jobs--podiatrist's assistant, telemarketer, typist, gift wrapper, painter, illustrator's assistant, paste-up artist, calligrapher, teacher, transcriptionist and barista--but her favorite by far is author. She resides in Los Angeles with her husband, their two sons, and a Chihuahua named Mochi.
She is also a member of the Romance Writers of America and Los Angeles Romance Authors and winner of the 2009 EPPIE Award for Best Fantasy/Paranormal Erotic Romance.
Dear Santa, Please Send Me Something From Tiffany
A guest post by author Kate Willoughby
When Christmas rolls around I always see a ton of jewelry commercials, but jewelry very rarely makes an appearance in my stocking. So what does a romance writer do in this type of situation? She fulfills her desires via her books.
I’ve always wanted something from the iconic Tiffany & Co. This might have sprouted from a Danielle Steele novel back in the seventies and eighties or from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Either way, it’s no surprise that when my hockey players need to buy jewelry—like engagement rings or what have you—they go to Tiffany.
In my newest In the Zone book, UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT, NHL player Joe Rutherford is starting to get serious about Christine Caspary, so when he needed to get a special Christmas gift for her, I went shopping for him.
It didn’t take long to find the perfect gift—a diamond pendant reminiscent of a clock face. Because Joe is on the road so much with the team, he makes it a practice to call Christine at midnight whenever he was out of town. When Christine sees the necklace, at first she’s just flabbergasted by the Tiffany box and the diamonds, but when the special meaning dawns on her, she just…melts.
Click here to view one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRsPnzcZ1VY
Page Count: 275 pages
Publisher: Carina Press (December 14, 2015)
Stage actress Christine Caspary couldn't care less about hockey, but when she first sees Joe Rutherford playing in a Barracudas game her mind goes to all sorts of dirty places. By happy chance, her work with Grant A Wish gives her an opportunity to meet him in the flesh.
Right winger Joe Rutherford saw Christine perform when the team went to see Chicago and was so taken with her, he secretly saw the show a second time, alone. When the gorgeous actress with spectacular legs contacts him out of the blue asking for a favor, it's a no-brainer.
Their chemistry is off the charts. Things heat up quickly and they can't keep their hands off each other. Soon they're hooking up whenever their busy schedules allow and having hot phone sex every night at midnight when they don't. But Joe's time in the hockey spotlight is fading, just as Christine's star begins to rise. When she gets her big break into a TV career, how will Joe take to being the arm candy for a change?
- 1 print copy of The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter, White Wedding Christmas by Andrea Laurence, A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Wrapped in Red by Nana Malone and Sherelle Green
- 1 eBook copy of A Copper Ridge Christmas by Maisey Yates and Under the Spotlight by Kate Willoughby
- 100,000 Harlequin MyRewards points
- 2 Harlequin Classics limited edition notebooks
- 1 Brenda Jackson Westmoreland limited edition notebook
FOLLOW THE TOUR:
- Monday, Novemer 30th - Books and Things
- Wednesday, December 2nd - Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance
- Friday, December 4th - Supernatural Snark
- Monday, December 7th - Bewitched Bookworms
- Wednesday, December 9th - Rather Be Reading Blog
- Friday, December 11th - Obsessed by Books
- Monday, December 14th - Rainy days and Pajamas
- Wednesday, December 16th - That Artsy Reader Girl
- Friday, December 18th - In the Hammock
- Monday, December 21st - Whatever You Can Still Betray
- Wednesday, December 23rd - Reading Reality
- Friday, December 25th - Little Miss Drama Queen