Valerie grew up in Illinois with six sisters (she’s number seven) and a huge supply of historical romance novels. After a cold and snowy stint earning a degree in English Language and Literature with a minor in history at Smith College, she moved to Florida the first chance she got. Valerie now lives in Jacksonville with her family including her rascally rescue dog, Roo, and mini-schnauzer, Huckleberry. When she’s not writing, she keeps busy reading, traveling, or vacillating between watching crazy reality TV and PBS.
- Food! I pig out during the holidays and one of my favorite things to eat is anything peppermint flavored. Especially ice cream!
- Family. I love to be with my husband and our kids and dogs during the holidays. It's so great to have down time to spend together.
- Relaxation. I always makes sure to take a week off during the holidays and while I'm usually still writing, that doesn't feel like work to me.
- Home. I'm a huge homebody and love to stay in my house and not travel during the holiday season. That is a treat for me.
- TV. I very rarely watch TV but somehow during Christmas week I end up catching up on some shows I haven't seen in a while and might even find something new I like. HGTV is an addiction!
Page Count: 331 pages
Publisher/Release Date: June Third Enterprises, LLC (November 9, 2015)
What do you get when you have four despairing mamas with four unwed daughters? A very matchmaker Christmas, of course! This delightful holiday anthology features 4 novellas written by 4 authors, all revolving around the same fun plot involving a Regency holiday house party and hijinks aplenty!
Her Christmas Rogue by Christi Caldwell
Lady Winifred Grisham has been in love with her brother’s best friend Lord Trent Ballantine more years than she can remember. The only problem is, Trent is a notorious rogue who doesn’t dally with the respectable. Except, Winnie doesn’t want a dalliance–she wants his heart.
To Make a Perfect Scandal by Danelle Harmon
Tristan St. Aubyn, the Earl of Weybourne, is a driven man. Haunted by the bad decisions he made in his youth, his life is all about work … working to restore his fortunes, working to rebuild the herd of unique racehorses that were his late father’s legacy, working to forget just how lonely he really is. Lord Weybourne isn’t looking for a wife … but when a saucy young lady dressed as a lad finds her way into his stable and charms the most irascible colt in the barn, Tristan can’t help but be intrigued …
To Win a Quiet Heart by Renee Bernard
Suffering from crippling shyness, Nicodemus Chesterfield, the Earl of Athmore, would rather battle an army of demons than put one toe inside the treacherous social waters of a holiday house party. But sometimes, a man just has to face his fears—and when Jane Pemberly is the surprisingly beautiful and fantastically charming prize at the opposite end of the gauntlet—it seems there is nothing a man won’t do to sidestep scandals and win her love.
To Tempt a Saint by Valerie Bowman
What happens when a saint is tempted by a sinner? Prudence Carmichael is the epitome of well, prudence. But when a rumored pirate—with whom she just might have had a secret scandalous interlude years ago, that she’s been beating herself up about ever since—appears at Lady Weston’s Christmastide house party and charms the innocent young lady again, can Prudence resist her first and greatest temptation?
|Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!|