Sunday, December 6, 2015

#DecemberJoyathon2015: Roni Loren's Favorite Things

We feel so blessed this holiday season to celebrate with fantastic authors and fellow readers/bloggers. Today we have the magical Roni Loren stopping by to share her favorite things. Christmas movies, winter veggies, and a Christmas atmosphere, oh my!

Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. After earning a master’s degree in social work from LSU, she worked in a mental health hospital, counseled birthmothers as an adoption coordinator, and did management recruiting in her PJs. But she always returned to writing.

Though she’ll forever be a New Orleans girl at heart, she now lives in Dallas with her husband and son. If she’s not working on her latest sexy story, you can find her cooking, watching reality television, or picking up another hobby she doesn't need--in other words, procrastinating like a boss. She is a former RITA award nominee and is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.


Cold weather – I know a lot of people probably aren’t with me on this one, but it’s miserably hot for a long part of the year in Dallas. The start of fall usually doesn’t give us much relief. Halloween is often sweaty. We usually don’t get a break until very late November, and it’s so very welcome. Of course, shortly after usually come ice storms, which aren’t so fun, but it’s still better than 100+ degrees. :-)

Christmas movies – I love Christmas music, but what I really look forward to is the start of Christmas movies. There’s just something wildly comforting about seeing old favorites. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, All I Want for Christmas (an obscure one, but a personal favorite of my teen years), Planes, Trains, & Automobiles, Die Hard. Yes, I know these picks mark me as a child of the 80/90s lol.

Winter veggies – So I’m a nerd when it comes to food and cooking. I actually get excited about vegetables. I’m part of a veggie/fruit co-op (where you get a farm share every two weeks) and I love the stuff we start getting as the holidays come along. Butternut squash, pomegranates, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, pumpkins. It changes up my whole menu and I love it.

The smell of Christmas trees – I don’t always get a real tree anymore because it’s such a production—and we’ve lost more than one tree off the top of the car, trying to transport them, lol. But man, when I don’t have one, I miss that evergreen scent you wake up to every morning.

The atmosphere – I’m kind of a minimalist, so I don’t really enjoy the whole sport of shopping for Christmas (almost everyone gets book because I do enjoy shopping for those, lol), and I don’t receive presents except from my parents. But there’s something enormously special about the atmosphere the holidays create when you slow down and absorb it. Like what’s better than sitting in your darkened living room after everyone’s gone to bed, fireplace going, lights on the tree twinkling, cold wind blowing outside, and a hot chocolate in your hands? Not much I’d say.

So those are my top five. Anyone else share my weird love for winter vegetables? And what’s your favorite Christmas movie to watch during the holidays?


Genre: Erotica
Page Count: 358 pages
Publisher: Berkley (January 5, 2016)
Off the Clock: A Pleasure Principle novel

FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF THE LOVING ON THE EDGE NOVELS, THE FIRST IN A SENSUAL NEW SERIES

Overtime has never felt so good…

Marin Rush loves studying sex. Doing it? That’s another story. In the research lab, Marin’s lack of practical knowledge didn’t matter, but now that she’s landed a job at The Grove, a high-end, experimental sex therapy institute, she can’t ignore the fact that the person most in need of sexual healing may be her.

Dr. Donovan West, her new hotshot colleague, couldn’t agree more. Donovan knows that Marin’s clients are going to eat her alive unless she gets some hands-on experience. And if she fails at the job, he can say goodbye to a promotion, so he assigns her a list of R-rated tasks to prepare her for the wild clientele of The Grove’s X-wing.

But some of those tasks are built for two, and when he finds Marin searching for a candidate to help her check off her list, Donovan decides there’s only one man for the job—him. As long as they keep their erotic, off-the-clock activities strictly confidential and without strings, no one will get fired—or worse, get attached…





a Rafflecopter giveaway

Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...