Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#DecemberJoyathon2015: Pamela Clare's Favorite Things

It's the most wonderful time of the year...Pamela Clare shares her favorite things about the holiday season: driving around listening to Christmas music while viewing lights, delicious goodies, and lots of family time. 

USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists with their Keeper of the Flame Lifetime Achievement Award for her work. A single mother with two grown sons and two cats, she writes historical romance and contemporary romantic suspense within view of Colorado’s beautiful Rocky Mountains. She is a two-time RITA finalist (Surrender, Defiant) and a three-time Daphne du Maurier finalist (I-Team series). She loves history, having studied archaeology in college, and has traveled extensively, living for almost three years in Denmark, which feels like home to her. She attributes her love of historical romance with the years she spent visiting ruins and castles in Europe.



“It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” So goes the Andy William’s song my family listened to every Christmas when I was a child. For me, Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year. Here’s what I love about it.

Winter. Apart from flowers and songbirds, I don’t like summer. I really can’t stand heat. I prefer autumn and winter—the temperature, the scents, the changing weather. There’s nothing like snuggling with a cup of hot chocolate and a book—or my laptop—next to a roaring fire. I love the coziness of it. I also love snow. I live next to the mountains, so a snowfall turns my world into a living Christmas card.

Lights. One of the joys of Christmas for me are all the displays of lights. Every year my son and I drive slowly through our town listening to our favorite Christmas music and enjoying the beauty of millions of sparkling lights. I love lighting candles for Advent and having candles set around the house, their flickering flames so warm and appealing in wintertime. That first moment when we turn off the lights and turn on the Christmas tree each year is just magic, all of those pretty lights creating a sense of peace.

Stillness. The stillness after a snowfall is magical. I also love the stillness of Christmas Day, where stores are closed and most people are home and inside all day. There’s something special about silence in this crazy, loud world of ours.

Delicious treats. In our family, there are a handful of treats we save only for Christmas. One is chocolate fudge. I love it! I like to make a milk chocolate version, as well as a white chocolate version. But the most popular treat at my house is my Christmas cookies. I make a vanilla refrigerator cookie and frost it with buttercream frosting and sprinkles. They’re not the most artistic cookies in the world, but they are delicious. They’re so yummy, in fact, that my sons have taken to hiding them when we have visitors, even family. They don’t want to share them. At all. They also count to make sure we each receive the exact same number. I’ve made triple batches, and still when that last one is gone, we’re all a little sad. Though we joke about making “Easter cookies” and “Fourth of July” cookies using the same recipe, there’s some unspoken agreement that my Christmas cookies are a limited-time-only Christmas treat.

Time with family. One of the best parts of Christmas is having time with my sons and the rest of my family. Life gets so busy, and Christmas seems to me the one time of the year when everyone stops, takes a breath, and comes together as a family.


Series: I-Team #7.5
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Page Count: 236 pages
Publisher/Release Date: Pamela Clare (November 15, 2015)
Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)

Marc and Sophie Hunter, Gabe and Kat Rossiter, Holly Andris and the rest of the I-Team gang find themselves in the same historic Denver hotel celebrating the approach of Christmas at different holiday parties. What starts out as a fun winter evening with friends soon becomes a brutal fight to survive when the hotel is taken over by a group of ruthless narco-terrorists who will stop at nothing to get what they want.

On the outside, Julian Darcangelo, Zach McBride, Nick Andris, and others join together with the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team in a desperate bid to free their friends, knowing that if they fail, the people they love will be…

Dead by Midnight.

Featuring cameo appearances by the men of the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, a series by New York Times bestselling author Kaylea Cross.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...