Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#DecemberJoyathon2015: Olivia Miles's Favorite Things

We're getting so close to Christmas and the end of our Joyathon. Be sure to stop by and chat with our guest authors! Today, Olivia Miles stops by to share her favorite things about the holiday season which include holiday high tea, Elf on the Shelf, and holiday romances. 

OLIVIA MILES is a bestselling author of contemporary romance. She was the winner of Harlequin’s 2011 Happy Holidays Contest, and her story earned her “The Call.” Her books have since been released throughout the world. She is best known for her Briar Creek series, available through Hachette/Grand Central Publishing.

A city girl with a fondness for small town charm, Olivia enjoys highlighting both ways of life in her stories. She currently resides just outside Chicago with her husband, young daughter, and two ridiculously pampered pups.



Hello, and thanks so much for having me! I'm Olivia Miles, and I write (mostly) small-town contemporary romance. The holidays are my favorite time of the year, if not the busiest, but I try to make the most of them despite some harried days, and each year I try to add one new tradition. Some work, some don't (like the Santa train that was stuck in transit for about four hours, with no bathroom, no way off, and oh, maybe eighty screaming kids), but however they turn out, the memories make them worth the effort!

Of all the holiday activities, my favorites are:

Holiday High Tea - This is a new tradition for us, started last year. We go downtown (Chicago) and enjoy a proper English tea while listening to carolers. It's really festive and my daughter just loves it!

The food and drinks - There is no other time of the year when you can justify so much indulgence! I do allow myself a few extra treats and cocktails around Christmas, especially anything with eggnog or candy canes.

Our elf - While there may be some nights I have to all but drag myself out from under the warm duvet because I've realized with a surge of panic that I forgot to move the darn thing, I do love the tradition of hiding the elf for my daughter. The years of believing in the magic of Christmas are so fleeting, and this addition to each day really helps me to cherish this time in my child's life.

Christmas breakfast - I love the leisurely pace of Christmas breakfast. After all the work that goes into creating a picture-perfect morning, it's nice to finally sit back and relax.

Holiday romances, of course - Christmas romances are my favorite. I love the covers, I love the themes, and I love writing them. In fact, I love writing them so much, that I have had to pull back on how many I write, because I could probably find a way to make every book I have ever written a Christmas story....and deep down, I think every book I have ever written would be even better if it was set during the holiday season. :) There's just something extra magical about this time of year, and because I love creating a sense of setting and place, I do really love decorating my fictional small towns, too.

Happy Holidays!

Series: Briar Creek #3
Genre: Contemporary
Page Count: 356 pages
Publisher: Forever (October 27, 2015)
Hope Springs on Main Street (Briar Creek, #3)

Sometimes love is where you least expect it . . .

What do you do when your cheating husband proposes to the "other woman"? For Jane Madison, it means you keep calm, carry on, and sneak candy bars and wine for dinner. Jane's grateful for her adorable little girl, yet she yearns for the love that was missing from her marriage. Only one man ever really "got" Jane-and she's stunned when he returns to Briar Creek. But a single mom can't date her ex's best friend . . . can she?

Jane's still kind, beautiful-and far too good for the buddy Henry Birch tried to stop her from marrying years ago. Laying eyes on her now is like a much-needed ray of sunshine. Back in town to sell his family's old house, Henry wants to close a bad chapter in his life and move on. But time with Jane and her sweet daughter has him flirting with the idea of happily ever after-if he can convince her to take a second chance on love . . .




a Rafflecopter giveaway

Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...