Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#DecemberJoyathon2015: Nicole Flockton's Favorite Things

Day 2 and the fantastic Nicole Flockton is joining us again this year to help us celebrate the Joyathon. We are looking forward to her upcoming December 21st release, TANGLED VINES. What better way to get in the holiday mood than with a holiday romance?

On my very first school report my teacher said ‘Nicole likes to tell her own stories’.

It wasn’t until after the birth of my daughter and after having fun on the community board of eharlequin.com that I finally decided to take the plunge and write a book.

I write sexy contemporary romances, seducing you one kiss at a time as you turn the pages. I enjoy taking two characters and creating unique situations for them.

Apart from writing I’m busy looking after my very own hero – my wonderfully supportive husband, and my two fabulous kids. I also enjoying watching sports and, of course, reading.



I love Christmas! There’s nothing better than waking up to bright sunshine and knowing it’s going to be hot, hot, hot. I can’t wait to go to my aunt’s for breakfast to see all my extended family and then is it my turn to cook for my family this year? Or am I going to my sister’s or brother’s house.

Oh wait!

That’s what my Christmas used to be until 2009. In 2009 I moved from Perth, Western Australia to Houston, Texas. Then my Christmases became cooler and somewhat smaller. But that doesn’t mean because I don’t do all the things I traditionally did on Christmas Day for years is sad, it’s just different.

Here’s what I love about Christmas:

Decorating the House – Nothing beats putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house. The ornaments on our tree have so much more meaning than they used to because whenever we travel somewhere in the USA, we always pick up Christmas Ornaments. It’s a great memory to have of all the places we’ve been.

Opening Presents – There’s something to be said about ripping that paper off and seeing what Santa has brought for you. The joy on the kids face when you surprise them with something they didn’t know they were going to get.

Cooking – I have to admit I like preparing a Christmas lunch. I’m not the greatest cook so I generally look for what’s easy to do. Generally it’s either a Roast Chicken or Beef or Pork. And yes even when it was 38C in Australia, we would have a hot lunch, but there would be cold dishes as well.

Afternoon nap – Hey after a big lunch, nothing says Christmas more than an afternoon nap! It’s kind of mandatory.

Family Time – Over the last few years we’ve done different things for Christmas seeing as its just my husband and I and our two kids. One year we went to Colorado to have a white Christmas. Another year we spent the day driving to New Orleans-Christmas lunch on the road was something I’d never done before. And last year we went to Disney World. I have to say this year I’m looking forward to spending time at home, chilling on the couch enjoying each other’s company.


No matter what you do, I hope your holiday season is filled with love, laughter and joy!


Genre: Contemporary
Page Count: 336 pages
Publisher/Release Date: Crimson Romance (December 21,2016)
Tangled Vines: An Australian Rural Romance

Kyle Davis doesn’t do Christmas since he lost his whole family in the Boxing Day tsunami last decade. His idea of celebrating is going to his Margaret River property and cuddling up with his liquor cabinet. So finding Jordan Hastings in his shower is unacceptable—no matter how his body responds to her, a relationship is not on his holiday wish list.

After being betrayed by the man she thought loved her, winemaker Jordan has taken over her father’s caretaker position—and a little bit more— at the rural vineyard. She’s trying to get her career on track by bringing the neglected grapes on the property back to life. Handsome Kyle is hard to resist, especially after they grow closer and she learns of his tragic past. But falling for a man who controls her employment is not on the table.

Yet the more time they spend together, the more it appears that taking another risk on living and loving could be the best Christmas gift after all.

Links available soon


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...