Katharine lives in the wonderfully warm Southeast with her husband, son, dog, and a garden she likes to call romantic rather than unkempt. A professor of European history, she writes fiction because she thinks modern readers deserve grand adventures and breathtaking sensuality too. She adores hearing from readers.
5. Rereading Miracle and Other Stories by Connie Willis, a spectacular collection of wonderful, funny, moving, thought provoking and sometimes even a little scary Christmas stories. And rereading all of my keeper Regency Christmas anthologies from the 1980’s and 90’s!
4. Wrapping presents. It’s way more fun to give than to receive, so this is one of the biggest treats of the season for me. This includes baking the most delectable gourmet chocolate pecan Kiss cookies then wrapping them up in little Christmas boxes for my neighbors.
3. How so many people help others who are in serious need at this time of year, with giving trees and special donations to local food banks and the like. So many folks go without the necessities to survive all year long, but there’s something beautiful and special about this season that opens peoples’ hearts to help, and I love it.
2. Christmas movies! While You Were Sleeping is one of my all-time faves.
1. On Christmas Eve, reading the story of the birth of Christ with my family — and acting it out! We dress up in makeshift costumes made of table cloths (shepherds’ clothes), white bath towels (sheep), gold pipe cleaner (Gabriel’s halo, natch), and whatever else comes to hand… a little like the Holy Family made do on the first Christmas Eve.
Page Count: 389 pages
Publisher: Avon (February 24, 2015)
In the third in Katharine Ashe's Prince Catchers series, the eldest of three very different sisters must fulfill a prophecy to discover their birthright. But if Eleanor is destined to marry a prince, why can't she resist the scoundrel who seduced her?
She can pour tea, manage a household, and sew a modest gown. In short, Eleanor Caulfield is the perfect vicar's daughter. Yet there was a time when she'd risked everything for a black-eyed gypsy who left her brokenhearted. Now he stands before her—dark, virile, and ready to escort her on a journey to find the truth about her heritage.
Leaving eleven years ago should have given Taliesin freedom. Instead he's returned to Eleanor, determined to have her all to himself, tempting her with kisses and promising her a passion she's so long denied herself. But if he was infatuated before, he's utterly unprepared for what will happen when Eleanor decides to abandon convention—and truly live.
|Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!|