There's still time to enter our grand prize giveaways as well as all the other guest authors' giveaways. Today, Cathy Maxwell stops by to share why food, lots of holiday light and being with family are her favorite things about the season.
She is no stranger to the limelight. After graduating from college, Cathy started off as a news broadcaster. She later decided reporting was boring compared to making news and joined the navy. After a successful stint in Naval intelligence, including a tour with the Pentagon, Cathy proceeded to pursue writing. Now, she has 30 published romance novels (and five anthologies) to her credit, many of them spending significant time on the New York Times and USA Today mass market best-seller lists. It’s clear that Cathy has succeeded in achieving her goals to a rare degree!
This native of Olathe, Kansas now resides in Virginia with children, horses, dogs, and cats. When not writing or tending her beloved animals, she is likely to be busy with one of many local charities or packing her bags to research her next novel. Cathy’s motto is “travel light” and she enjoys meeting her fans all over the world.
1. I love going out to the barn on Christmas Day. If the weather is good, I ride and it seems to be one day of the year when my horse and I are completely compatible, perhaps because I am so relaxed and happy.
2. Lights—the more lights the happier I am.
3. Free food days. I am always on a diet. Such a bore. But I splurge over the holidays. I pick my food battles.
4. Being with my family. (Yes, I mentioned the horse first but horse lovers will understand. By the way, I count the dogs and Gracie the Obnoxious Cat as family members.)
5. Mass. There is something about services around the holidays. Perhaps it is that we are all a bit more forgiving, more aware of what we have, more thankful. Even folks who don’t like church seem at peace during the holidays.
Page Count: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon (November 24, 2015)
In New York Times bestselling author Cathy Maxwell’s glittering new series, wedding bells are ringing… until the return of a rake throws a bride’s plans— and heart—into a tailspin.
Every debutante aspires to snag a duke. Elin Morris just happens to have had one reserved since birth. But postponements of her marriage to London’s most powerful peer give Elin time to wonder how she will marry Gavin Baynton when she cannot forget his brother, Benedict.
Already exasperated at being yanked from the military to meet “family obligations,” now Ben must suffer watching his arrogant sibling squire the only woman he has ever loved. Joining the army saved Ben from sinking into bitterness, but seeing Elin again takes him back to the day they surrendered to their intoxicating desire.
As the wedding draws near, Elin tries to push Ben far from her thoughts. When danger brings them together, there is no denying their feelings. But can Elin choose love over duty…?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
|Click to enter the GRAND PRIZE Giveaway!|