Saturday, January 17, 2015

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: YOU'RE SO FINE by Kieran Kramer


YOU'RE SO FINE by Kieran Kramer
Genre: Contemporary
Page Count: 417 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (December 30, 2014)
Format: ebook via Netgalley

Lacey moved to Hollywood to make it big. What she got was an actor boyfriend who fathered a child with a woman who abandoned the baby. Lacy breaks up with the cheating boyfriend, but not before she adopts the baby, Henry, because his father has no interest in him.

Lacey takes a job assisting an actress, Monica, and gets another actor boyfriend who is set to work on a movie in South Carolina with Monica. Then her boss and boyfriend run off to Italy. Left with a new resolve to never date another actor, she moves into the South Carolina lighthouse she had rented for Monica.

However, her ex-boyfriend has sublet the lighthouse to an actor. They agree to share, and while Beau seems like everything Lacey has vowed to avoid, he may be just what she and Henry need…


Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository


REVIEW:
After reading the blurb, I thought I was going to be reading about a lot of drama going on in Lacey's life. Instead, I got very little drama but lots of emotional and heart wrenching moments that made up one fantastic story. It took the first chapter to dispel me of my notions and capture my attention for good. I was intrigued by Lacey and Henry and even more so once Beau entered the scene. The three of them stole my heart.

I really admired Lacey and her attitude. She's one tough woman. I hated having to watch her struggle so much, but I loved how she was determined to handle her problems on her own. Another thing I loved about her besides her determination, was her heart. She had so much love to give and the love she had for Henry was simply inspiring. The chemistry she shared with Beau was almost palpable. I liked Beau. He was a true Southern man. I loved him for his kindness to others and I loved how he was with his family.

Emotionally, this book is a complete 10. Story wise, there was a twist at the end which was a surprise, but it seemed almost extraneous. However for the most part I'd give the story line a solid 8 out of 10. I'd be really hard pressed to tell you a favorite moment or scene from this book. If I wasn't laughing because of something Dickey said, or the twins did, then I was swooning as Beau tried to romance Lacey, or feeling Lacey's hurt as she tried to feel a connection between her son and her parents.

There were some moments in this book that were tough to read. They weren't dark revelations, but just hard hitting moments. I often had tears in my eyes and a smile on my lips as I read. I really think Kieran Kramer has done a fantastic job with her sophomore contemporary novel. It feels like she's hit her stride with this book. I can't wait to see what she writes next! I'm hoping it'll be another contemporary novel.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...