Saturday, November 22, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Tied by Emma Chase


Series: The Tangled Series #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: Netgalley
Length: 256 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (October 7, 2014)

In the fourth sexy romance by the New York Times bestselling author of Tangled and Twisted, Drew and Kate can’t wait to tie the knot—if they can survive the pre-wedding festivities.

For most of my life, I never imagined I’d get married. But Kate did the impossible: she changed me. I think we can all agree I was pretty frigging awesome before, but now I’m even better.

The road to this day wasn’t all rainbows and boners. There were mistakes and misunderstandings worthy of a Greek tragedy. But Kate and I made it through with our inexhaustible lust, boundless admiration, and everlasting love for one another intact.

That being said, there were some unexpected incidents in Vegas last weekend that could have been a problem. It was kind of... my final test.

I know what you’re thinking—what the hell did you do this time? Relax. Let’s not judge, or call for my castration, until you've heard the whole story.

And hold on tight, because you’re in for a wild ride. Did you expect anything less?



Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

I find it really hard to believe this series is ending. Emma Chase couldn't have written a better book to end it, unless of course she changes her mind and decides to revisit some of my favorite people somewhere later down the line. I'd love to hear Alexandra and Stephen's love story, as I'm sure many other readers would. Or maybe even Mackenzie's story when she gets older, but I digress.

Tied is told from Drew's point of view so I knew it's going to be blunt, honest, and hilarious. I was also expecting him to screw up in the way only he can, and it didn't help that he, Kate, and all of their close friends decided to go to Vegas to celebrate the upcoming nuptials. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard or cringed in fear so much. The fear wasn't because something bad was going to happen, but Drew can take screwing up to a whole new level and almost has it down to an art form.

I was unable to put this book down. I loved seeing James, Drew and Kate's son as an adorable toddler. It was great to see everyone else from the gang, especially Dee and Matt. I think one of my favorite parts of the book was seeing Drew try to school Billy on how to pick up girls. I almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard. However it was seeing Kate and Drew exchange their vows that really made the waterworks flow. They were emotional and real. It really did seem like the series was really coming to an end. Even though we got to see Drew go from being a bachelor, to falling in love, becoming a father, and getting married, I'm not ready to stop reading about him. Or Kate for that matter.

Romantic comedies are complex novels. You've got to balance humor with a plot, and Emma Chase has mastered them. I've honestly got to say she's quickly become one of my favorite romantic comedy authors. She writes with such panache. I'd read the phone book if she wrote it. I can not wait to see what she writes next.





Reviews for other books in series:
Twisted #2
Tamed #3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...