Meet Anne Barton, author of SCANDALOUS SUMMER NIGHTS
Anne Barton began swiping romance novels off her mom's bookshelf as a teenager, so when she had the chance to spend a semester in London-home to her favorite heroes-she packed her bags and promptly fell in love with the city, its history, and its pubs. She dreamed of writing romance, but somehow ended up a software analyst instead.
Fortunately, a few years and a few careers later, Anne found her way back to writing the stories she loves and in 2011 won the Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart® for Regency Historical Romance. She lives in Maryland with her husband (who, sadly, is not a peer of the realm-but a great guy nonetheless) and her three children, who try valiantly not to roll their eyes whenever she quotes Jane Austen. Her weaknesses include reality TV, cute-but-impractical shoes, and caffeinated beverages of all kinds.
Connect with Anne: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
What NOT To Do During a Tavern Fight
1. Don’t get sassy toward the drunk guy at the bar – Even if he’s rude and pushy and you’d LOVE to put him in his place, it’s best to turn the other cheek. Instead of confronting him, silently hope that his hangover the next day will hurt like the devil.
2. Don’t try to break up the fight once it’s begun – After the first punch is thrown, there’s no putting that cat back in the bag. When the barstools and bottles begin flying, crawl under a table and stay out of the way.
3. Don’t swoon over vulgar language or behavior – You can’t expect the same decorum during a tavern fight that you do during afternoon tea. There’ll be spitting, cursing, grunting, and worse, so don’t let your delicate sensibilities be offended.
4. Don’t fret over your hair or dress – if you’re anywhere near the fight, you’ll likely end up with gin or ale stains on your silk gown, and there’s a good chance your hair will get a little disheveled too. If that’s the worst thing that happens, consider yourself lucky.
5. Don’t distract the hero – he’s come to your rescue, defending your honor and protecting you from harm. Don’t divert his attention when he’s embroiled in a brawl, or else he might end up laid out on the tavern floor. Wait till he’s vanquished the bad guys and then tend to his wounds. He’ll be grateful, and while you’re playing nurse, you might even get to take a peek beneath his shirt…
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Forever (October 28, 2014)
Lady Olivia Sherbourne isn't shy about speaking her mind, except when it comes to James Averill. For ten long years he has been her brother's best friend and her heart's only desire. But when Olivia hears James will soon set sail for an expedition to Egypt, she knows the time has come to make her move. It's now or never . . .
James has always found Olivia bewitchingly attractive, but what kind of gentleman takes up with his best friend's sister? Not that he's thinking particularly gentlemanly thoughts when she appears on his exploratory trip-three hundred miles from home!-and incites a tavern fight. No matter what the devil she's doing there, it's his duty to see her safely back to her family. But how safe will she be when every starlit night brings wicked temptation . . . ?
Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:
***GIVEAWAY***Win 5 copies of SCANDALOUS SUMMER NIGHTS
a Rafflecopter giveaway