Monday, June 23, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Vlad All Over by Beth Orsoff

VLAD ALL OVER by Beth Orsoff
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: copy provided by author
Length: 343 pages
Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (November 20, 2012)

Gwen Andersen loves being a schoolteacher, but she isn't exactly raking in the big bucks. With her bank account shrinking by the minute, she needs a well-paying summer job if she's going to hold onto the childhood home she inherited from her parents. So when the father of one of her students asks her to fill in as his au pair for the summer, she knows she should be thrilled. Alexander Romanescu is loaded, and Gwen adores his daughter Isabella. Plus, they're planning to spend the vacation at their ancestral estate in Romania! And yet Gwen can't shake the nagging feeling that saying yes to this man could lead to more than she bargained for. She knows so little about him and the idea of spending six weeks in the land of Dracula and Vlad the Impaler is more than a little creepy. But vampires will be the least of her concerns if she doesn't make some money fast. And so Gwen says yes: yes to the job, yes to a European excursion and yes to a summer that will change her life forever.



Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:

REVIEW:

I love it when a book surprises me. Prior to this book I'd read one other by Beth Orsoff and liked it. I wasn't blown away by it but when I saw the location and premise of this book I was definitely intrigued. I really wanted to know what was causing Gwen's dreams. I also wanted to know what the hunky Alexander was hiding, cause of course he's not helping her out of the goodness of his heart is he? Isabella his daughter is adorable.

I was enamored with the whole locale and history of the area. I even liked Gwen and Alexander for the most part. I was surprised by the twist and by Gwen's strong reaction to it. The ending was another total surprise. If you decide to pick up this book remember it's not your typical chick lit/women's fiction/romance. Even though it's a little bit of everything, on the whole, it's a great story and unique. I couldn't put it down. I haven't read the second book yet but hope to soon. I'm going to enjoy seeing Isabella, Gwen, and Alexander again and finding out where their story goes from here.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...