Tuesday, June 10, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Love Like The Movies by Victoria Van Tiem

LOVE LIKE THE MOVIES by Victoria Van Tiem
Genre: Contemporary
Format: ebook from author
Length: 305 pages
Publisher: Pocket Star (February 24, 2014)

In this irresistible romantic romp, movie fanatic Kensington Shaw is thrown into love—Hollywood-style—when her gorgeous ex presents a series of big screen challenges to win back her heart.

What girl wouldn’t want to experience the Pretty Woman shopping scene? It’s number two on the list. Or, try the lift from Dirty Dancing? It’s number five. One list, ten romantic movie moments, and a handful of shenanigans later, Kenzi has to wonder . . . should she marry the man her family loves, or risk everything for a love like the movies?


Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo


REVIEW:

I'll admit this book had me at the blurb. The fact that it tied romance, comedy, and some of my favorite movies together was too good to pass up. I'd been hankering for a funny romantic read like this one for a long time. After all, at one time or another, we've all thought about the one that got away reentering our lives and trying to win us back with extravagant gestures.

Kensington Shaw, is newly engaged to Bradley, a co-worker, and happy with work and family. She's wasn't looking for anything beyond having her family finally pay her attention when Shane, the ex who devastated her re-entered her life as her next business partner. Shane's back and he's looking to win Kenzi's heart again through the one thing he knows she loves, romantic comedies. Bradley's not helping by telling her to help him however he needs and Kenzi's not having it but she agrees grudgingly to see how if he can explain why he broke her heart so many years ago.

As the story continued and I learned more about Kenzi, Bradley, Shane, and Kenzi's family, my admiration for Kenzi grew as did my concerns about both Shane and Bradley. I wasn't sure about Shane's intentions and Bradley's seeming disconnection from Kenzi. I didn't like her "perfect" sister-in-law, brother, and the neglect of her parents. It's important to note not everything I thought was true, or the whole truth, wasn't. I loved being surprised by both the plot and character twists. It kept me turning the pages as fast i could read them. I didn't put this book down once and read it in one sitting in a couple of hours.

I was also taken aback by the range of emotions I experienced while reading this book. Granted there was lots of laughter and swooning during the movie scene re-enactments, but there were tears and anger at times too. It's really hard to believe this is Victoria Van Tiem's debut book. The story flows so smoothly, with many emotional highs and lows, and amazing dialogue. It was really easy to connect with Kenzi and Shane as they found out what went wrong between them and reconnected with the good times they'd had. I may have gotten a copy from the publisher for review, but I had to buy the e-book and I will have a paperback copy for my shelves when it comes out in print later this month. Not to mention the fact Victoria Van Tiem has stolen my heart and found a spot on my must read list.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...