Saturday, June 28, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Crazy Thing Called Love by Molly O'Keefe

CRAZY THING CALLED LOVE by Molly O'Keefe
Series: Crooked Creek Ranch #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Bantam (January 29, 2013)

Dallas TV morning show host Madelyn Cornish is poised, perfect, and unflappable, from her glossy smile to her sleek professionalism. No one knows that her iron will guards a shattered heart and memories of a man she’s determined to lock out. Until that man shows up at a morning meeting like a bad dream: Billy Wilkins, sexy hockey superstar in a tailspin—still skating, still fighting, and still her ex-husband.

Now the producers want this poster child for bad behavior to undergo an on-air makeover, and Billy, who has nothing to lose, agrees to the project. It’s his only chance to get near Maddy again, and to fight for the right things this time around. He believes in the fire in Maddy’s whiskey eyes and the passion that ignites the air between them. This bad-boy heartbreaker wants a last shot to be redeemed by the only thing that matters: Maddy’s love.



Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Books-A-Million | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

Have you ever read a book that destroyed you and put you back together at the same time? Crazy Thing Called Love by Molly O'Keefe is one such book; or it was for me. For my first introduction to Molly's books, I couldn't have picked a better one. I'd never heard of Molly before this, but it was the hockey player in the blurb, Billy that struck my fancy. Plus it was also second chance love story with the woman who had gotten away. There was no way I wasn't going to read this book.

I was hooked from the very first page and the introduction to both Billy and Maddy. I wasn't just hooked, I was in pain. Pain because Maddy and Billy were never going to be the same after that prologue and it hurt. In just a few pages Molly O'Keefe ripped apart three hearts, Maddy's, Billy's, and my own. Every time I re-read that prologue, I get the same tears in my eyes and that pain in my gut. It never fails. This is a beautiful story. It's one of redemption, finding ones self, and family, both the ones we make and the ones we're born with. Gah! Just thinking about this book makes my heart race.

Molly kept the book going at a frenetic pace. It was enough fast and so interesting. I didn't know what turn the book was going to take. I know many readers will find it fast or even confusing but trust me, this book is worth 5 stars and reading it slowly just to soak in the story. This book was nominated for a RITA, the equivalent of a romance Oscar, in the contemporary romance category. I'm surprised it didn't win.

This book is on my keeper shelf. After reading this book, I discovered it was actually the third book in a series and went back and read both books. This trilogy catapulted Molly O'Keefe onto my "must-read authors list". If you enjoy contemporary romance that'll keep you in knots, tears, and laughter, then this book is definitely for you.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...