Monday, May 26, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} New Adult Contemporary Romance: Fall Into Forever by Beth Hyland

FALL INTO FOREVER by Beth Hyland
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Format: ebook from author
Length: 243 pages
Publisher: Beth Hyland (March 10, 2014)

Ivy McAllister had it all. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect life. Perfect future. Or so they tell her. Because one night, on a dark country road, a fiery crash changed everything…and Ivy can’t remember what happened.

Now, two years later, at a new college far from home, she tries to regain control of her life, but her plans don’t include a tattooed, motorcycle-riding, indie music-obsessed guy with his own sorority girl fan club.

Jon Priestly is the hottest guy at Pacific State University. Just ask his groupies. But with a dark past he must keep hidden, he shuts himself off emotionally and trusts no one. That is…until he meets a broken girl with haunting green eyes and secrets of her own.

Ivy shouldn’t be attracted to Jon. They’re wrong for each other in every possible way. Yet as they spend time together, something about him—everything about him—feels so right.

But when threats from her past make her question what little she does remember, Ivy must decide whether to run again or trust the one person she can’t live without.


Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo



REVIEW:

Talk about a new adult novel that packs a punch. I wasn't sure what to expect in this book beyond the pairing of the big man on campus and someone whose trying to avoid him at all costs. Of course when Jon and Ivy first met, there was that lightening bolt of instant attraction that I was immediately wary of, but my apprehension was unwarranted. Ivy and Jon are both too smart to let it take over and I absolutely loved that. I really wasn't expecting to have all my first impressions dispelled and to end up enjoying the book as much as I did. I debated on whether to rate the book 4. 4.5, or 5 stars.

I must admit that Ivy and Jon's story lines are amazing. It's hard not to like Ivy and sympathize with what she's been through and what she's dealing with. Alright, I was enraged at points for the way those around her let her down and the way she was treated by others. I also love on the other hand, how protective Jon was of her, even when he didn't know what was going on.

There were many things I really liked about this book beyond the story itself. I like how it's a new adult novel with a little bit of all the genres. There's a mystery, suspense, plenty of drama, action, and of course comedy and romance, two of my favorite genres. All that's missing is the paranormal. Of course having so much makes the book interesting, but as impressed as I was with the book, I walked away with unanswered questions.

I'm really hoping Beth Hyland will write either a sequel featuring Jon and Ivy or books featuring Cassidy, Ivy's room mate or any of the other girls Ivy befriends or meets. I'm not ready to let these characters go and I would love to get the answers to my questions.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...