JENNIFER RYAN, author of The Hunted Series, writes romantic suspense and contemporary small-town romances.
Jennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing a book, she’s reading one. Her obsession with both is often revealed in the state of her home, and how late dinner is to the table. When she finally leaves those fictional worlds, you’ll find her in the garden, playing in the dirt and daydreaming about people who live only in her head, until she puts them on paper.
Connect with Jennifer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
5 Traits of a Reformed Bad Boy
Owen is a bad boy who used to spend his nights down at Roxy's Bar, shooting pool, drinking, picking up women, and sometimes starting bar fights. Most women would fall for him in a heartbeat, hoping to change him into their prince. But let's face it, people only change if they want to, and Owen wanted to be a better man. Now, he's a good guy lawyer, dedicated to his clients, and protective of the woman who captured his heart. He spends his nights working on client cases, taking his nieces, Dawn and Autumn, on dinner and a movie dates, and romancing the new woman in his life, Claire.
So, how did Owen reform his bad boy ways. It didn't come easy. He spent a lot of his youth walking around with a chip on his shoulder, being ornery for the sake of getting a rise out of someone for no good reason. One day he woke up and realized he is not his no-good drunk of a father. He did not have to follow his father's path to ruin and misery, which is exactly where Owen was headed when he changed the course of his life. Now, Owen is...
- Loyal - While loyalty might have gotten him into a few fights, backing up his younger brother or a friend in the past, now it holds together the bonds he shares with family, friends, and the clients he defends.
- Hard working - Owen works hard to defend his clients, though sometimes he takes things to heart a little too much and gives more of himself than he should. He's rebuilt the family ranch along with his life, spending weekends refurbishing the house and the stables for his two beloved horses and the cats he adopted.
- Dedicated - Owen will do anything for his family, including moving back to town to help Rain with his nieces when Brody was away. Though he works hard for his clients, sometimes his dedication to them can interfere in his personal life. That didn't bother him, until one of his clients took an interest in him and it came between him and Claire.
- Kind - Owen tries hard every day to leave the hard-ass, angry man he used to be behind. He babysits for his brother and Rain, plays tea party and dress-up with his nieces, and goes out of his way to ensure Claire is safe and protected.
- A family man - Owen is ready to settle down with the woman he loves and have a family. First, he'll have to eliminate the threat and the person trying to tear them apart.
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon Impulse (April 15, 2014)
The McBrides of Fallbrook return with reformed bad boy Owen. He'll do whatever he must to protect the woman who's captured his heart.
Attorney by day, rancher by night Owen McBride conquered his dark past and made it his mission to help the innocent—even at the expense of a personal life. But when a client's abusive ex-husband targets Owen and his gorgeous neighbor Claire gets caught in the crossfire, his feelings turn anything but professional. The mysterious beauty awakens something in him, and he'll move heaven and earth to keep her safe.
Coffee shop owner Claire Walsh learned the hard way that handsome men aren't to be trusted. Owen may be sexy as hell and determined to take care of her, but she's reluctant to put her heart on the line. His presence in her life puts a target on her back, yet the more time she spends with him, the more she finds she can't help falling for Owen.
Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository
Other Books in Series:
a Rafflecopter giveaway