Monday, April 14, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Sweet Talk Me by Kieran Kramer

SWEET TALK ME by Kieran Kramer
Series: Biscuit Creek #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: copy provided by author
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (March 25, 2014)

He’s sure got a way with words…
The last person True Maybank expected to run into while picking up her wedding gown was country music superstar Harrison Gamble. Years ago, when they were small-town teens in Biscuit Creek, South Carolina, they shared a forbidden night of passion. Now that she’s about to settle down, True’s love affair with the handsome crooner is a thing of the past. Or is it? From the moment he says hello, she has to fight swooning like an adoring fan.

Can she resist his charms?
Today he’s rich, famous, and on every woman’s hot list. But back in the day, Harrison wasn’t good enough for debutante True. Since then she’s had her fair share of marital prospects, including the perfect Southern gentleman she’s about to settle down with. Is Harrison the only one to realize the mistake True’s about to make? Can the society girl and the sexy singer make music together—this time around?


Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | indiebound
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt



REVIEW:

Kieran Kramer is no newbie to writing great love stories. In Sweet Talk Me, she's moved from a historical European setting to a contemporary American one. Her knack for writing strong characters hasn't changed and even those who are strict historical romance readers will enjoy this book. In fact, I can easily say this is my favorite book of hers by far.

True Maybank and Harrison Gamble may have been star-crossed friends growing up, but things have really changed in the ten years since Harrison left Biscuit Creek. True is still a Southern Belle but Harrison has gone from looked-down-upon by everyone to a bonafide celebrity. His coming home is unplanned but once his serendipitous True and brings her home, leaving suddenly doesn't seem so important. To be honest with you, this book really gave me the feels, both happy and sad. However, it's the scenes that brought tears to my eyes, that are making me tear up as I think of them. I will proudly admit to crying as I read this book.

Besides all the emotions this book evoked, it's the characters that make this book. True and Harrison have great chemistry and are great, however I believe Weezie and Gage, their siblings steal part of their spotlight. I love how Kieran made them such integral parts of not only True and Harrison's story, but also their individual ones. This book feels not like one single story, but four or five. Each is separate yet part of a whole and it's flawless. I hope Kieran will keep writing more books set in Biscuit Creek just so I can keep reading about True, Harrison, Weezie, Gage, and Carmela.

The strongest themes in this book are regarding the importance of family, coming home, and being true to ones self and they carry out through every aspect of the book. This book captivated me from the first page until I put it down. You will smile, laugh, cry, and fan yourself as True and Harrison figure things out. This charming book is certain to leave a lasting impression on you as it did me.

I'd like to thank Kieran for sending me a copy to review. Her doing so has no bearing on this review. If you don't believe me, all you have to do is pick up the book and you can see for yourself. This book is pure magic.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...