Friday, April 11, 2014

{Chanpreet #Review} Contemporary Romance: Second Chance Bride by Trish Morey

SECOND CHANCE BRIDE by Trish Morey
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: copy provided by author
Length: 121 pages
Publisher: Tule Publishing Group; 1 edition (April 6, 2014)

Scarlett Buck has always been flaky in comparison to her sensible twin sister Tara, so nobody is really surprised when Scarlett spends all her money on a one way ticket to Australia to be with the man she’s met on the Net. But she hasn’t reckoned on the guy already being married, or her mom getting sick, and now she needs money for a flight home to Marietta, MT—quick. Signing on with Bella's Belles in Kalgoorlie isn't be the proudest moment in her life but it will get her home fast. After all, it's just sex.

Or is it?

Mitch Bannister's ex is about to marry his best friend, and he could really do with a cold beer and a hot woman. But the cowgirl he takes a shine to at Bella's is surprisingly skittish, and in the end he leaves without hooking up.

Later, when Mitch spies the cowgirl in the local pub begging for a job, he shrinks into the shadows--he's not looking for complications, and something tells him that Scarlett Buck is a whole handful of them. But soon it's clear she's not just trouble, she's in trouble, and like it or not, he's not about to turn his back on this stray from the States. Especially if she can do him a favor in return. After all, it's just a helping hand.

Or is it?


Get A Copy: Amazon



REVIEW:

I usually don't like fickle impulsive characters. I don't know if it's jealousy because I'm not that way or knowing you/I can't count on someone stinks. I do however like Scarlett Buck, a lot. She maybe impulsive and a free spirit, but she's definitely not selfish and her heart is in the right place. Scarlett gets bad news when she's half way around the world and out of money. In her hurry to get home, she convinces herself she can do something and be okay with it as long as it gets her home quickly and the universe brings her Mitch.

I love how when things didn't go as planned for both Mitch and Scarlett, Mitch didn't go the typical way I guy would. Mitch really showed he was a man. I also love how Mitch handled the situation with his mate Robbo and ex, that too just reinforces his good qualities. I love that he didn't give up on Scarlett even if he wanted to. I love that Scarlett was willing to go the extra mile and make things right with her sister and even with Mitch. I know the title says "second chance" but there is nothing second rate about this story or its characters. I'm sure you've noticed all the loves I've used and they are for a really good reason.

It's funny, but this novella is a little over a hundred pages long and somehow, this story makes total sense and as someone who usually scoffs, literally, at insta-love that's a big deal. There's no sense of incompleteness when you finish and the fact that the story manages to cover all the bases and insecurities both Scarlett and Mitch have, just makes this all the better.

I honestly had never read anything by Trish Morey before Second Chance Bride, but I can't tell you how impressed I am with this story and in turn with her and I have no doubt you will too.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...