Monday, March 24, 2014

{Kati #Review} New Adult Contemporary: Between Us by Jen McLaughlin

BETWEEN US by Jen McLaughlin
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Series: Sex on the Beach #1
Format: Kindle file
Length: 160 pages
Publisher: Jen McLaughlin (March 4, 2014)

I’m just a girl…
I’m a famous country star who’s spent her life cultivating a good girl persona to avoid bad press, but I’ve reached my limit. I’m going away for spring break with my two best friends from college, and we’ve vowed to spend the vacation seeking out fun in the sun—along with some hot, no-strings-attached sex. The only thing I needed was the perfect guy, and then I met Austin Murphy. He might be totally wrong for me, but the tattooed bad boy is hard to resist. When I’m in his arms, everything just feels right.

And I’m just a guy…
I’m just a bartender who lives in Key West, stuck in an endless cycle of boredom. But then Mackenzie Forbes, America’s Sweetheart herself, comes up to me and looks at me with those bright green eyes…and everything changes. She acts like she’s just a normal girl and I’m just a normal guy, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. My past isn’t pretty, you know. I did what I had to do to survive, and she’d run if she learned the truth about my darkness. But with her, I’m finally realizing what it’s like to be alive. To laugh, live, and be happy.

All good things must come to an end…



Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | ARe
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

I think I'm in love with Jen McLaughlin and she's my new auto buy author.

If you're looking for a fun, sexy read to kick off your spring break, grab Between Us.
  • Guy with dark past? Check.
  • Girl who's trying to lay low because she's just wants to be normal? Check.
  • Girl thinks Guy betrays her? Check.
  • Guy can't believe Girl thinks he betrayed her? Check.
  • Girl and Guy realize they're meant to be? Check and check.
Breaking News: America's Sweetheart Gets Together with A Tattooed Hottie in Key West

Hello my lovelies. This just in: Mackenzie Forbes had gone brunette and looking to become anonymous with all you Spring Breakers in Key West. A source tells this girl that she's made a pact with her besties: lose their virginities before the week is over. OH, and have a lot of fun. Go girls!

Sexy local bartender, Austin Murphy, may just be the man to help America's Sweetheart with the pesky thing. One night, no strings attached. How hard could that be? Harder than Austin's sexy tatted up body. A little sex, a little sun, some music and a whole lot of fun. 

My favorite source tells me that Austin used to sell pictures of celebrities to tabloids for quick cash while he tried to find a label to sign with. Sometimes Hollywood isn't for all of us. Sorry Murph. Will he sell out America's Sweetheart like he's done with other celebs? Or will America's Sweetheart believe that Austin didn't sell her out and that could possibly be a future for both of them?

Until next time,
XOXO Romance Girl

This book can be read as a stand alone but you'll probably want to get the other Sex on the Beach books.

Favorite Quote:
I might sing about love and romance and finding the one, but I wouldn't know what love was if hit me square in the face. Heck, I wasn't even sure if I really believed in love at all. But this guy? This one dude? He made me want to.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...