Monday, March 31, 2014

{Jamie #Review} Erotica Romance: Beyond Jealousy by Kit Rocha

BEYOND JEALOUSY by Kit Rocha
Series: The Beyond Series #4
Genre: Erotica
Format: eARC provided by author
Length: 301 pages
Publisher: Kit Rocha (March 15, 2014)

She’s been looking for the perfect man. She found two.

When Rachel Riley sacrificed a life in Eden to protect the O’Kanes, she earned her place in the powerful Sector Four gang. But the former crime princess is tired of being everyone’s sweet little sister . It’s time for her to get wild, to embrace her fantasies as only an O’Kane can—with a delicious exiled soldier and the gang’s wickedly sinful tattoo artist.

A saint...
Lorenzo Cruz is a warrior, taught by his commanding officers in Eden that involvement equals distraction. Emotion is a liability, and desire a sin. In Sector Four, he finds decadence, shameless sex—and his own dark urges. No battle strategy prepared him for how Rachel makes his heart race…or the way his rival for her affections sets his blood on fire.

...and a sinner.
Ace Santana has a dirty reputation and a mind to match, especially where his new lovers are concerned. He’s eager to help Cruz embrace his dominant side, and to explore the lines between pleasure and pain with Rachel. But corrupting them quickly becomes an obsession, a need he can’t deny—and a love he never imagined.

Three hearts on the line means a hundred ways their ménage a trois could go wrong. After all, even O’Kanes do forever two-by-two. One of them could be the missing piece that makes them all whole…or a temporary diversion destined for a broken heart.


Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository | indiebound
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:

REVIEW:

I only discovered Kit Rocha a few months ago. I must have been living under rock but I’ve fixed that now. Anyway, Beyond Jealousy is the fourth full-length book in the Beyond Series. Normally I would say that each book can be read as a stand-alone but, honestly I don’t think you would get the full picture and the depth of the relationships in Sector Four. So start at the beginning with Beyond Shame and work your way through. You won’t regret it. And this is where you will first meet Rachel and Ace… and then Cruz.

I was anticipating Rachel and Ace’s story the minute they showed up. The sparks between them flew off the pages. Ace is the bad boy, the dirty talker who can charm the pants off anyone. And Rachel is sassy and a bad ass O’Kane but is still somewhat innocent. I think that’s what first drew me to them, that they were opposites. Then Cruz showed up and everything started to fall apart. Cruz wanted Rachel and she wanted Cruz, but she loved Ace. And Ace loved Rachel but didn’t think he was good enough for her, but he also was attracted to Cruz who was also attracted to Ace. So much sexual tension!

I was excited for Beyond Jealousy. I had been wondering how this threesome was going to be resolved and this book kept me on edge through the whole story. And it was all Ace’s fault. I love that man. He is not pretty words and flowers. He’s dark and dirty but also real. And he broke me. I always knew there was something he was hiding beneath that charming veneer but his thoughts of unworthiness killed me. It literally hurt me. My heart hurt for him.

Cruz and Rachel fell into their relationship very easily once they accepted it. It’s not to say that they didn’t have their own issues to work out. Cruz was still coming to terms with the way of life in Sector Four and Rachel was trying to figure out how she could love two men. But it was Ace who was the wildcard of the relationship, mainly because he didn’t see them wanting him for the long haul. “Ace wasn’t naïve. His illicit allure would wear thin eventually, and the hero always got the girl.

I love ménage stories but I almost never believe in them working out but I think in this setting it really does work. I couldn’t see them not being together. The three of them fit together like a puzzle making them whole.

I really do love this series. I went through my notes and highlights trying to find a favorite quote but I just couldn’t. There are so many good ones that it would be like rewriting the entire story. I also then ended up rereading a lot of the sections because I couldn’t stop myself. Anyway, I can’t wait for more O’Kane’s.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...