Monday, February 10, 2014

{Jamie #Review} New Adult Contemporary: Every Second With You by Lauren Blakely

EVERY SECOND WITH YOU by Lauren Blakely
Genre: New Adult
Series: No Regrets #2
Format: PDF
Length: 240 pages
Publisher: Lauren Blakely Books (February 10, 2014)

Every Second With You = Sex. Love. Addiction. Heartache. Pain. And Hope.

In the sequel to the bestselling new adult romance THE THRILL OF IT, Harley and Trey face new challenges that will make battling blackmail, sex addiction, and a virgin call girl past look easy…

I used to think love was a lie. Now I know it’s real, powerful, and I don’t want to lose it…But my future scares me, and there’s no way this can be happening, especially since I’ve finally broken free from all the people who wanted pieces of me. I don’t even know how to start over, but I have to find a way. So when I discover what my mother’s been keeping from me, it doesn’t make me hate her. It gives me hope for a new life, outside of New York. But the ties that bind me to this city are so strong, sometimes they are chains. If only I could leave with…

Trey...

I will do anything for her. She owns me, heart, mind and body. But when Harley tells me this, I am rocked to the core, and terrified of what happens next. Especially when now it’s not her past that chases me, it’s someone from my own. And that someone is messing with my head when I’m trying to be strong for Harley. But all I really want is to escape with the girl I love…For the rest of our lives.

How can you move forward when the past keeps chasing you?


Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo

Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:


REVIEW (spoiler warning):

When I finished The Thrill of It I immediately yelled because of how it ended. See, I didn't know there was a book two and I needed book two. NEEDED IT! Anyway, I'm very happy now. So, if you haven't read The Thrill Of It then don't read this review. And PS... You should go and read it.

********* spoiler ********* look away *********

Every Second With You picks up right where Thrill Of It ends. Harley just found out she's pregnant and is a bit of a mess. She's afraid to tell Trey and that he'll leave because if everything that has happened in his past.

Tensions are high. Trey and Harley are still working on their sex and romance issues, and their relationship is strong but this knocks thing off balance. It also doesn't help that her mother is still trying to get under Harley's skin. Ugh, and Trey. Oh, Trey. We see a bit if a different side of him. I think where the first book was a lot of Harley's issues, this focused on Trey.

While I don't want to give everything away, I will say that I think this is the perfect conclusion to their story. They have both come a long way from where we met them in The Thrill Of It. Lauren Blakely did an amazing job of showing just how much Trey and Harley have grown. Yes, there are new dramas and scandals but they never took away focus from the relationship. These two are really good for each other and I will miss them.





Reviews for other books in series:
The Thrill of It #1
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...