Connect with Bronwen: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Jamie and Kati: Share 5 fun facts about yourself.
- I’m an identical twin
- I’m a European car nut and own two cars (BMW and VW)
- I have a fear of flying, but because I live at the bottom of the world, in New Zealand, I make myself do it. I’m going to RT in New Orleans in 2014 I hope to see you there)
- Pink is my favorite color and I’m proud of it
- I danced with George Michael in a night club in London when he was still part of Wham
BE: The Disgraced Lord’s is a six book series about a group of Oxford dons, who are all, over a space of a year, forced to flee England for various reasons. The individual stories focus on their drive to return to England, clear their names and earn the ton’s respect and their places back in English Society. There is laughter, tears, revenge and of course love, along the way.
There is an overarching villain across the six books, out to destroy the reputations of the six men—the Libertine Scholars. You learn more about the villain in each additional book.
Book One – A Kiss of Lies, Christian Trent’s story
Book Two – A Promise of More, Sebastian Hawkstone’s story
Book Three – A Touch of Passion, Grayson Devlin’s story
Book Four – A Whisper of Desire, Maitland Spencer’s story
Book Five – A Taste of Seduction, Hadley Fullerton’s story
Book Six – A Night of Forever, Arend Aubury
My six heroes are:
- Christian Trent, the Earl of Markham – wounded war hero, the gorgeous rake who is faced with confronting who he is, now that he’s been badly burned at Waterloo. He reminds me of Mel Gibson’s character in The Man Without a Face. A man whose world has been turned upside down as he struggles for a new identity. He can no longer use his beauty to glide through life. He has to look deeper inside himself and find out what’s at the core of him as a man. What can he find within himself to make his way in the world?
- Sebastian Hawkestone, the Marquis of Coldhurst – is a very popular and handsome rake who has the ability to understand and empathize with people. He notices seemingly insignificant details about them and their lives, and easily gets inside people’s heads. He’s able to draw conclusions from them and use the information to his own advantage – especially where woman are concerned. He’s the ultimate seducer. A bit like Jake Gyllenhaal’s character in Love, Drugs, and other Things.
- Grayson Devlin, Viscount Blackwood – A big, gorgeous rake with a heart of gold. The man who tries to look tough on the outside but is, in fact, marshmallow inside. He’d do anything for anyone and fiercely protects those he loves with his life. He reminds me of Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries. Silent and intense.
- Maitland Spencer, the Duke of Lyttelton - he’s a masculine version of Temperance Brennan from Bones. He’s a mathematical genius, making him England’s most successful card player. But he is deemed cold and distant, emotionally withdrawn, and due to his intelligence he has trouble connecting with people.
- Hadley Fullerton, younger brother of the Duke of Claymore – he has, what we term in the Regency period ‘the spare’ syndrome. His only role in life is to be ready to step up if anything should happen to his elder brother. He has little if any self-worth and does everything he can to put himself in harm’s way. Danger is his middle name. He sees no purpose to his life, so doesn’t value it. Like Christopher Chance in Human Target.
- Arend Aubury, Baron Labourd – a French exile with a huge chip on his shoulder. His family fled France in 1789 during the revolution and they lost their estates and wealth. Upon reaching manhood, he’s not had the luxury to be the playboy rake. He had to work hard to restore his family’s wealth and standing in England. He’s serious and determined. He still doesn’t feel accepted here, and with the war with Napoleon, feels like an outsider in the country he’s spent most of his life in. He longs for acceptance.
J&K: Tell us a little bit about A Kiss of Lies [no copy and pasting blurb :)]
BE: A Kiss of Lies started as a standalone book, four years ago, when I first began writing. It sat in my draw for about 3 years but something about my hero, Christian Trent, Earl of Markham, always drew me back to the story.
The book is fundamentally about two wounded souls, the hero Christian, and the heroine Sarah Cooper, both of whom have been scared by life. It’s their journey to recovery—both emotionally and physically—and how love heals all.
Christian, accused of rape has been shanghaied to York, Canada. Sarah, a woman on the run escapes from West Virginia and also ends up in York, Canada. Sarah, remembering Christian from her past life in England, applies for a job in Christian’s household, looking after his new ward, Lily, and awakens a longing in Christian for something he long thought out of reach—love.
Suddenly, Christian, a man badly burned at Waterloo, a man who has given up on the world, and who feels sorry for himself, recognizes a kindred spirit in the sad and frightened Sarah. He becomes determined to help her, recognizing that by doing so, he’ll have something to continue living for, and just maybe, he’ll find more...
Both of them have enemies to combat, but with courage, determination and honor, loves wins the day.
J&K: Your book cover is GORGEOUS. Do you have any say in your cover design?
BE: I’m so lucky working with Sue Grimshaw at Random House Loveswept. They loved my self-published covers for Wicked Wagers and Invitation to Passion created by Carrie at Seductive Designs. Sue asked Carrie to design my Disgraced Lords series too.
I had loads of say and input in the cover and Carrie, having worked with me before, knows what I like. She’s done an awesome job, hasn’t she?
J&K: What do you have next in store for readers?
BE: 2014 is an exciting year for me. I didn’t release any books in 2013 but I will be releasing 4 or 5 books this year. Three historical romances – A Kiss of Lies, A Promise of More (book #2 in the Disgraced Lords series), and Invitation to Passion, book #3 in my Invitation To series – Richard Craven’s story. Then, late 2014, perhaps I’ll release two more contemporaries.
J&K: Authors choice: Ask the readers a question
BE: Thanks, Kati and Jamie. I love how I get to ask you a question. It’s dangerous to let me loose, I’m soooo nosey. Hmmm, let me think. What do I want to know?
Okay, tell me what part of a man’s body you love the most and why. Are you a pecs, washboard abs, broad shoulders, or butt woman? Do keep it seemly!
I’ll start. I’m an eyes woman. Flash those sexy greens or blues at me and I melt.
Series: The Disgraced Lords #1
Length: 309 pages
Publisher: Loveswept (January 14, 2014)
In Bronwen Evans’s Loveswept debut, a pair of damaged souls ignite each other’s deepest passions—even as they tempt fate by deceiving the world.
Desperate to escape her abusive past, Sarah Cooper disguises herself as a governess in the employ of Christian Trent, Earl of Markham, the man who, long ago, she fantasized about marrying. Despite the battle scars that mar his face, Sarah finds being near Christian rekindles her infatuation. A governess, however, has no business in the arms of an earl, and as she accompanies Christian on his voyage home, Sarah must resist her intense desires—or risk revealing her dangerous secrets.
One of the renowned Libertine Scholars, Christian Trent once enjoyed the company of any woman he chose. But that was before the horrors of Waterloo, his wrongful conviction of a hideous crime, and his forcible removal from England. Far from home and the resources he once had, Christian believes the life he knew—and any chance of happiness—is over . . . until his ward’s governess sparks his heart back to life, and makes him remember the man he used to be. Now Christian is determined to return to England, regain his honor, and win the heart of the woman he has come to love.
Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Q: Okay, tell me what part of a man’s body you love the most and why. Are you a pecs, washboard abs, broad shoulders, or butt woman? Do keep it seemly!
Follow the tour HERE for other fun posts.
a Rafflecopter giveaway