Cathy Maxwell spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the great mystery of life and the secret to happiness. She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
Connect with Cathy: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Gawd, Kati, you are killing me. Five “fun” facts . . . ohdear, ohdear, ohdear
(Do I get drumrolls? Letterman gets drumrolls. Why can’t I be like Letterman????)
- I drove in Scotland for the first time in over twenty years while researching this book. I got lost in the airport and only hit the stone wall on the left side of the road passenger side twenty times.
- Scottish men really are that big and brawny—and if they aren’t, they are small and charming. (And that is fun. I don’t care who you are, that’s fun.)
- JK Rowling lives close to where I set the books. (I know, that isn’t a fun fact but it is a fact. One out of two isn’t bad.)
- Like Lady Aileen, I am the oldest sister. ‘Nuff said.
- I don’t believe Lady Tara is the only one of us who wanted one man . . . but then found life has a change of plans. I certainly found that to be true in my life—and I’m glad for the change. I bet your readers have a few tales of their own, as well! Anyone marry the guy they set out to claim . . . or did you get something better? Or worse?
Series: The Brides of Wishmore #1
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon (January 28, 2014)
What happens when a bride says no?
He is the bastard son of a duke, arrogant, handsome, a little bit dangerous, and, of course, one of the most sought-after bachelors in London. He is also about to be publically jilted by some chit of a girl! Blake Stephens’ pride isn’t about to let him be humiliated, so he charges after his bride to the wilds of Scotland, determined to bring her to the altar.
What happens when the heart says yes?
He is promised to one woman, but discovers his soul stirred by . . . the chit’s sister! Lady Aileen Davidson’s reputation was ruined ages ago, which is why she’s buried herself in the country, but her fiery spirit and bold beauty threaten to bring Blake to his knees, making him wonder if he has proposed to the wrong lass.
And now he must make a choice: marry for honor . . . or marry for love?
Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | ARe | indiebound
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:
- Have you read any books where the hero is betrothed to someone but falls for their relative instead?
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You must leave a comment. All other entries are optional.
- Please make sure you understand our giveaway policy before entering.
- Giveaway ends February 4th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway