Monday, December 16, 2013

{Jamie #Review} Contemporary Romance: Blue Lines by Toni Aleo

BLUE LINES by Toni Aleo
Series: Assassins #4
Genre: Contemporary
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 384 pages
Publisher: Loveswept (December 9, 2013)

The instant Piper Allen sees Erik Titov, she wants him—wants his rock-hard body, sure, but the strength and mystery that lies behind that superstar hockey jock demeanor, too. So when he sidles up to her at a bar and slinks his arm around her waist, she’s lost. What follows is the wildest night of her life . . . followed by inevitable heartbreak the next morning. And then, a few weeks later, a very big surprise: two blue lines on a pregnancy test.

Only a check to the head could make Erik fall for a nice girl like Piper. But since their crazy-sexy night together, he’s been trying to forget about her alluring body by falling into bed with every woman in Nashville, and it’s not working. So when Piper shows up at his house with a baby-bomb to drop, it doesn’t take much for Erik to suggest the nuclear option: marriage. While it’s supposed to be all for show, the second they say “I do,” the ice between them starts to melt into sizzling steam.


Get Your Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | ARe
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

Everyone has their favorite tropes in romance and for me I love a secret baby. I don’t know why but I do. I also love sport romances. This I think stems from my love of Derek Jeter and deciding I was going to marry him one day. I’m still waiting. Anyway, when I saw the premise of Blue Lines I was intrigued. I love me some hockey bad boys and throw in a pregnancy, I was sold. However, it was just ok for me.

Piper has loved Erik since her sister married his brother. Then one fateful night lands them in bed together and everything seems right. That is until Erik pulls away and breaks Piper’s heart with his manwhore ways. But their night together resulted in a pregnancy.

Now, six months later, Piper can’t hide it anymore and though Erik has been ignoring her, she has to tell him. But Erik is having a bad day at work. He’s been put on probation for making the team look bad and if he doesn’t behave he will be fired. The last thing he needs is Piper showing up and saying she’s pregnant. So the best solution would be marriage and make it look like it was planned. Except nothing is easy.

Erik has always had feelings for Piper but because of a bad childhood doesn’t want a wife or children. That’s why he pulls away from her. But I found him to be a bit annoying at times. I was getting tired of hearing all his insecurities over and over again. If I was Piper I would’ve giving up on him and saved myself the trouble.

I loved Piper though. She was strong in the face of everything. Her family basically told her she was stupid to have a baby, her sisters weren’t supportive, and Erik basically kept playing her. But she stood her ground and told everyone off, even Erik. I have respect for her.

The story was good but at times felt a little disjointed. The flow was just off, especially in the beginning but as it went on it found its rhythm. It was a good read, and Erik and Piper’s chemistry is smoking hot. Blue Lines is the fourth book in Toni Aleo’s Assassins series. I’ll keep an eye out for the others for when hockey season is over and I need a fix.

Favorite Quote:
“Don’t fall, Piper. I’m not the guy for you,” he whispered.
“I don’t agree,” she whispered back.
“I’m only going to hurt you.”





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...