Thursday, December 12, 2013

{Jamie #Review} New Adult Contemporary: Before We Fall by Courtney Cole

BEFORE WE FALL by Courtney Cole
Series: Beautifully Broken #3
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Forever (December 3, 2013)

Sometimes, one dark moment is all it takes to turn your world black...

For 24-year old Dominic Kinkaide, that moment took place on the night of his high school graduation. One dark incident changed him forever. He's a hardened actor now, famous in the eyes of the world, but tortured in his own. He doesn't care about much of anything, except for losing himself in the roles that he plays.

23-year old Jacey Vincent doesn't realize how much her father's indifference has affected her. She is proof that sometimes it isn't one specific moment that wrecks a person, but rather it's an absence of moments. She's like a bird with a broken wing-strong yet fragile, as she tries to float through life, finding acceptance in the arms of random guys, one after the other... to fill the void that her father left in her.

Until she meets Dominic.

After jaded Dominic and strong-willed Jacey are thrown together, his secret and her issues create a dark and damaged energy that will soon turn their attraction to each other into an explosive storm.

Even though when the clouds have cleared and the dust has settled, both of them are almost obliterated... they've learned a priceless lesson.

Sometimes, before we fall... we fly.


Get Your Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | ARe | BAM | indiebound
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

First let me say that I have LOVED the first two books in Courtney Cole’s Beautifully Broken series. If You Stay (book 1) was the perfect embodiment of Beautifully Broken. If You Leave (book 2) was an amazing story. So needless to say I was ridiculously excited to get a galley of Before We Fall.

Now, I’m going to be honest… I ended up enjoying the story but it took a lot to get through this book. I never really liked Jacey in the second book. Like I loathed her and then I discovered she was the heroine in third book I was intrigued to see how this would go. I also was expecting Brand to be her hero. Let me tell you how shocked I was that it was this new guy, Dominic.

Dominic Kinkaide is a famous actor. Jacey is a waitress who ended up working a party at Dom’s brother’s house. He goes to giver her a ride home but gets deterred and ends up in a fight with his sister’s boyfriend and the police come to break it up. One thing leads to another and Dom and Jacey end up serving community service at the same place. Then they spend the rest of the book fighting their attraction, or acting on it then running away from it.

Of course Dom is broken and tortured by something in his past that everyone keeps bringing up but no one tells us what happened. And Jacey was this girl who was prone to tears at any little thing. I did not click with either of the characters. And they didn’t really click with each other. I never got that love feeling from them. Lust? Absolutely. Dom has this kinky side to him that I loved but I never understood his attraction to Jacey.

I love Courtney Cole’s writing but I just didn’t love Before We Fall. I’m still hoping Brand gets his own story because I love him.

Favorite Quote
Watching makes me feel something. It’s one of the only thing that does.





Review for other books in series:
If You Leave #2
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...