Wednesday, December 4, 2013

{Jamie #Review} Contemporary Erotic Romance: Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren

BEAUTIFUL PLAYER by Christina Lauren
Series: Beautiful Bastard #3
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Format: Kindle Book
Length: 432 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (October 29, 2013)

A bombshell bookworm. A chronic Casanova. And a lesson in chemistry too scandalous for school.

When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school, she’s determined to tackle his implied assignment: get out, make friends, start dating. And who better to turn her into the sultry siren every man wants than her brother’s gorgeous best friend, Will Sumner, venture capitalist and unapologetic playboy?

Will takes risks for a living, but he’s skeptical about this challenge of Hanna’s…until the wild night his innocently seductive pupil tempts him into bed- and teaches him a thing or two about being with a woman he can’t forget. Now that Hanna’s discovered the power of her own sex appeal, it’s up to Will to prove he’s the only man she’ll ever need.


Get Your Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | indiebound | ARe
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

I’m going to start off by saying that I love Will. Like hardcore love him. He is my new book boyfriend, who I wish was real.

I absolutely adore the Beautiful series and I’ve been hooked from the beginning. The best part is that they seem to get better with every book and novella. Needless to say I was ridiculously excited for Will’s book. He’s been in the background of Beautiful Stranger and then we really got to see more of him in Beautiful Bombshell, which is where I start my love affair with him.

Beautiful Player has one of my favorite tropes, falling for your best friends little sister. And, of course, he’s a player so when he falls he falls hard. And does Will fall hard when he is reunited with Hanna, or Ziggy as he used to call her. Hanna is ready to get out of her lab and into the dating scene and who better to tutor her in the ways of dating then Playboy Will. But as their lessons start heating up, the chemistry between them can’t be denied.
He wasn’t beautiful in the same way Bennett was, and he wasn’t tender like Max. He was visceral and imperfect, dark and knowing. He gave the sense that he looked at a woman and in an instant read every need she had.
Will is like the perfect combination. He has that bad boy, player persona but you can’t help but love him because he’s so charming, seductive, and attentive. He’s also funny and ridiculously smart. He’s the total package, and like all players when he meets the one he falls hard. And Hanna is the one. The best part is how he owns it when his friends tease him about it.

Oh, he’s also a boob man. There is this whole conversation between him and Hanna where she’s saying that having large boobs is problematic.
Will’s eye widen. “Boobs are never a problem for anyone. Ever.”
They banter on and it leads to this:
“I am. But if I could motorboat perfect tits like yours I might be able to find Jesus.”
Hanna was this uninhibited, self-possessed woman in front of me who I was pretty sure was going to effectively wreck my world.
I also really liked Hanna, enough that I would like to be her friend. She’s perfect for Will because she’s just as smart as he is and can challenge him. She is also funny and has no filter when she talks. They have some amazingly hysterical conversations that had me laughing.

Beautiful Player was my absolute favorite. Though, I love this whole series. They are sexy and hot but also funny. I love the relationship between all the characters and how they all fit into each other’s lives. It made reading it so much fun. It’s like I can almost imagine that they are real people because that’s how I am with my own friends. But in the risk of sounding like a broken record with how much I love Player, and the whole series, I will leave you with possibly my favorite quote.
“Actually, yeah. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted someone so much that I would beg for it. A cookie? Yes. A cock? No.”





Review for other books in series:
Beautiful Bombshell #2.5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...