Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: All Things Rugby + Review of Knowing The Score by Kat Latham


One of my favorite things is finding new debut authors. It’s like making a new friend without all that awkward small talk and smiling thing. So, I’d like to talk about my new book friend Kat Latham and her book Knowing The Score.

Now, before I get all into the book it’s important to get a bit of a back-story… I studied abroad in England when I was in college. Let me tell you what a culture shock it was. Things are pronounced differently, they call things differently and you learn quickly to like warm beer. You also learn that they don’t have baseball, they have cricket. And football is soccer. However, they do have rugby and that’s a hell of a lot tougher that our football.

Ah rugby players. Very sexy. These are the guys that have the ability to throw you over their shoulder and then ravish you up against the wall. We happened to run into the French rugby team while visiting one of the stadiums. Hello muscles! But they were great. They even let me play with the balls. (Get your minds outta the gutter you dirty girls! Lol)

Anyway, what I’m getting at is that I love rugby. I spent an awful lot of time watching and learning about it. I also may have had a brief affair with a rugby player. (Ok, so he played for the schools intramural team but still.) But I’ve never ran across a rugby hero in all of my reading. Until Kat Latham.


KNOWING THE SCORE by Kat Latham
Genre: Contemporary
Series: London Legends #1
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 228 pages
Publisher: Carina Press (August 5, 2013)

Rugby player Spencer Bailey is determined to win a spot on England's World Cup team. But with a month break before the selectors start watching him, he's eager to have fun with a woman who knows the score: the relationship will end when rugby season begins. The lovely American Caitlyn Sweeney seems perfect for the role of temporary lover, since her visa will run out soon anyway.

Caitlyn works for an international disaster relief organization and can handle the world's worst crises, but she flinches from her own. Her past has left her with a fear of intimacy so deep that she has trouble getting close to anyone—until she meets sexy Spencer. His hot body and easygoing nature are too much for even her to resist.

Neither Caitlyn nor Spencer expects to fall hard for each other. But with their relationship deadline approaching, the old rules of the game seem less important than before…until past secrets surface, challenging everything they thought they knew about each other.

Get A Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | ARe
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt



I absolutely LOVED Knowing The Score. I was hooked right from the start and couldn’t stop reading. I’m mad at myself for waiting so long to read it. Spencer is great. He’s got this confident swagger, almost cocky, but he’s a good guy. Just watching the way he is with Caitlyn is perfection. And Caitlyn, girl has some issues but they way they were dealt with was great. It wasn’t over the top dramatic and flowed well.

I also was loving the whole American living in London thing. When Spencer is explaining to her that “fanny” is slang term for a woman’s “front bottom” as he put it I couldn’t help but laugh because I had that same conversation before I moved there about fanny packs. I died laughing at that because I totally got it.

I very much enjoyed myself while reading. It was a great escape back to one of my favorite times in my life. Knowing The Score made me laugh, made me emotional, and made me fall in love. Not only with the story and the character but with London all over again. And for that I thank you Kat.

So my Juicy Tidbit for this week… try a new author. And if you get a chance, try Kat Latham. Also, google some rugby pictures. You’re welcome in advance for that.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...