Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.
Connect with Nazarea: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter | Blog
Dane’s Top Ten
- Southern Comfort—What?? It’s good shit.
- Medical thrillers—anything that can get me away from my work for a couple hours.
- Night fishing—except mosquitos. Because those little bitches are annoying as hell.
- Body shots—*smirks* don’t act so surprised.
- The Viper—it was my mom’s car, before she moved to the Keys. She left it for me, and I’ve been religious about taking care of it since.
- Football—Playing it, watching it—hell, I’d love to coach one of the local peewee teams, but I think you’re supposed to be one of the dads.
- Chocolate—I had a sister and a mom, and a best friend who was a girl and each and every one of them solved their problems with a chocolate bar. I guess I picked up on that.
- Branton—it’s a fucked up, tiny little town full of all kinds of secrets. But its home, and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
- Atticus—There are some friends who come into your life, and their just people you know and see. Then there are people like Atticus, and there’s nothing you wouldn’t do to make everything in their life right. Because they’ve done all they can to be the thing you need, to take care of you when you need it. That’s Atti.
- Scout—Scout’s been the central part of my life since I was in high school. She makes things make sense—even when both of us were so far off nothing made sense. She’s always been that. Always will be.
My phone rings, and I glance down at it. Curse and step toward her, kissing her hard and deep before letting go and growling, "Your brother has the worst timing ever."
I release her and bring the phone to my ear. "Didn't I just talk to you?"
"Did you really buy my sister a Jeep?"
I blink. How the hell did he find out about that already? "Actually, she bought it herself. Why?"
"Don't split hairs, dipshit. That's not a really appropriate vehicle for Scout. You know what she's like—she'll get drunk and kill herself in something that dangerous."
A headache is forming behind my eyes. "I'm not really sure why you’re calling me instead of her," I say, honestly.
Atticus is quiet. I can hear him move around in his cabin. "She won't listen to me, Dane. She thinks I'm judging her—that I'm waiting for her to fail."
"Well," I say, "you are."
Silence. I can almost feel his defensive anger. I sigh. Turn away from Scout and her prying, watching eyes.
"She's trying, dude. She's going to meetings and avoiding triggers and she found a job—she's working hard to keep herself clean. Do you think you could maybe back off a little and support her?"
I can feel her watching me. I don't like this—being caught between the best friend I've ever had, and the girl I love.
"Do you really think she'll stay sober?" Atticus asks, and for the first time, I hear something like hope in his voice.
I look at her, clean and healthy, a little weight on her, hair adorable and falling in her face. Eyes clear and questioning as she meets my gaze. This is the girl I fell in love with without trying.
"Yeah. I really do. She wants this."
Atticus is quiet, and then: "What's going on there, man? What's different about this time?"
I could tell him. It’s the perfect time—tell him that I'm in love with her and that she wants me. Except, I don't want to be the only reason she stays clean. And I don't want to scare her.
And telling him means admitting something out loud that I've been ignoring for years. I'm not ready for that. We're not ready.
"Who knows? Does it really matter? She's clean and trying to stay that way. Support her."
It's not a request, and Atticus knows it. "I'll be home for Thanksgiving," he says, changing the subject. I nod; I expected that. It's gonna be a busy holiday this year, if Tripp and Heidi come into town too. "Avery is inviting the boys and Kelly for dinner."
"Have her call Scout—we might want to use the big house for it, since there are so many people this year."
"Is Tripp coming to town?"
I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and turn in time to see Avery lick frosting off her thumb. Everything south of my belt tightens, and I shift, drawing her attention. "He might. Who knows with the old man."
She smirks as I approach her, and I meet it with a grin of my own. Put the water bottle down and grab the discarded container of frosting. Her eyes go wide when I smear the remains on her lips. I put Atticus on speaker and thumb the mute button. He's rambling about my dad—nothing I haven't heard before. I catch Scout's face in my hands and tilt her head back. Nibble at her sticky sweet lips, and slowly lick at her, cleaning her lips of the sugary frosting, dipping my tongue into her mouth with the barest of thrusts. She clutches my shirt, her nails digging into my pecs, and I hiss. Bite lightly on her lip. She moans, swaying into me as I grind my erection into her belly.
Excerpt from BEAUTIFUL BROKEN ©2013 by Nazarea Andrews. All rights reserved.
Series: University of Branton #2
Length: 268 pages
Release Date: A&A Literary (September 20, 2013)
She's been broken by her past. He's been breaking for as long as he can remember. Together, they can make each other whole--or destroy each other.
When his best friend asks for something, Dane rarely says no. But babysitting a newly sober Scout Grimes for three weeks isn't exactly a normal request. And with their history, it's a recipe for disaster. Not to mention, she's drop dead gorgeous and he can't touch her.
There are few people Scout trusts as much as Dane Guillot. He's always been her safe place, where nothing can hurt her. He's also been the only man she's never let herself want--screwing up their friendship isn't worth one amazing night together.
They have too much history, and too much personal baggage to ever work. But if they are willing to take a chance on love--it might be worth the risk.
Get A Copy: Amazon | Nook
Other Book in Series:
Ooo!!! What a fabulous tour giveaway. One(1) lucky reader will win a loaded MP3 player, 2 signed books, bookplates, and the first 25 pages of Beautiful Broken with Nazarea's marks and edits.
a Rafflecopter giveaway