Thursday, September 19, 2013

{Lisa #Review} Erotic Romance: Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones

BEING ME by Lisa Renee Jones
Genre: Erotic
Series: Inside Out #2
Format: Paperback via Publisher
Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (June 11, 2013)

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the missing journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca—but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?

Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | ARe | BAM | indiebound
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt | More about the Trilogy
Other Books in Series:





REVIEW:

After struggling through the first book, If I Were You, the second in the trilogy—Being Me--surprised me. The heat level increased along with the storylines.
“How about now? Have you ever had an orgasm in a dressing room?”

Being Me is more of the continuing relationship building between Sara and Chris. Many of their secrets are finally revealed, although as a reader on their journey, you can feel the darkness still lurking.

Answers are finally found about Rebecca, although for me, many of the clues were already there. Subtle hints built within the character connections leading to the actual discovery.

The ending leaves you wanting to continue with Sara and Chris, even knowing there is going to be tears and darkness accompanying their building love. I’m unsure how much Mark will play into this, but I’m sure he is there.

The best description of Sara and Chris’s explosive love comes about halfway through the novel…
“When the moment comes that he presses me against the wall, and slides inside me, our eyes connect the way our bodies have, and what passes between us fills me in a way I have never been filled. He needs me and I need him. I’ve never doubted that to be true. I’ve always known we were two puzzle pieces that fit together in a hollow that is our pain. There was a time I was certain we were too damaged not to destroy each other. Now I think we are saving each other.”





Other reviews for books in series:
If I Were You #1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...