Wednesday, September 25, 2013

{Kati #Review} New Adult: A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers

A LITTLE TOO FAR by Lisa Desrochers
Genre: New Adult
Series: A Little Too Far #1
Format: Galley via Edelweiss
Length: 340 pages
Publisher: William Morrow (September 17, 2013)

Have you ever gone just a little too far?

Lexie Banks has.

Yep. She just had mind-blowing sex with her stepbrother. In her defense, she was on the rebound, and it's more of a my-dad-happened-to-marry-a-woman-with-a-super-hot-son situation. But still, he's been her best friend and confidant for better part of the last few years...and is so off limits. It's a good thing she's leaving in two days for a year abroad in Rome. But even thousands of miles away, Lexie can't seem to escape trouble. Raised Catholic, she goes to Confession in hopes of alleviating some of her guilt...and maybe not burning in hell. Instead, she stumbles out of the confessional right into Alessandro Moretti, a young and very easy on the eyes deacon...only eight months away from becoming a priest. Lexie and Alessandro grow closer, and when Alessandro's signals start changing despite his vow of celibacy, she doesn't know what to think. She's torn between falling in love with the man she shouldn't want and the man she can't have. And she isn't sure how she can live with herself either way.


Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | BAM | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt




REVIEW:

OMFG.

That was my first reaction after finishing A Little Too Far. You should have seen my texts to Jamie. I didn't know how I felt about this book. I loved it, I disliked it, I wanted more, I got confused, I felt things I shouldn't have felt, I just...*cries*

Lexie and Trent have been step-siblings for a while and they are each BFF's. There's no secrets between them. Lexie thought she was in love with Rick, her ex. But Rick is the all too familiar manwhore who does it with anything that has two legs and a vagina. Lexie is so over it. Everything changes the day she ends up in bed with her step-brother Trent. Holy crap! Both know that this was just a one-time thing. Lexie is leaving for a study abroad program and Trent is going back to school.

While in Rome, Lexie goes to confess her sins. Is told to say a few Hail Mary's and to teach children about art. Seems simple enough. One complication: a lady boner inducing priest-in-training. Yup, a one way ticket to hell.

I thought I would have felt all squicky about this taboo relationship but Lisa Derochers does in such a tasteful way that I was actually okay with it. Most books I've read that have this subject is chockfull of just sex and dirty talk that border on 'oh god, this is too ridiculous for me to continue reading.' I like that Lexie didn't completely focus on just the sex she had with Trent. She actually leaves the country, studies abroad, meets a priest-in-training, may or may not have fallen a bit for said priest-in-training, still thinks about Trent and what they did, and finally figures out who she really wants.

I'm looking forward to book two of this series.

Sidenote: I love, love, love that Lisa set most of this book in Italy. It takes me back to my time there and I may or may not have squealed a few times as Lexie went around the city visiting some of my favorite places. Makes me want to go back.

Favorite Quote:
Yep. The tingled in my groin is unmistakable. I've got the hots for the good reverend. I thought I was going to hell before, but this pretty much cements it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...