Monday, September 16, 2013

{Jamie #Review} New Adult Contemporary: Unspoken by Jen Frederick

UNSPOKEN by Jen Frederick
Genre: New Adult
Series: Woodlands #2
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 276 pages
Publisher: Pear Tree LLC (September 13, 2013)

Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.

I’ve been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He’s everything I shouldn’t want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren’t the danger to me, though, it’s his charm. He’s sliding his way into my heart and I’m afraid that he’s going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I’ll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I’ve got fighting and I’ve got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She’s everything I didn’t realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she’s been hurt too much in the past and I don’t want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can’t.

Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | All Romance | Smashwords
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:



REVIEW:

I picked up the first in Jen Frederick’s Woodland series on a whim because I loved the premise. After quickly falling in love with the story and the characters I became obsessed with wanting to read more from her. Needless to say I was very excited to get my hands on Unspoken. I really liked Bo in Undeclared and couldn’t wait to see who he fell for.

Ann Marie, or AM as her friends call her, made a silly mistake her freshman year and has paid for it ever since. Being called a slut and a whore and shamed by the whole campus has made her keep her distance. The only time she goes to campus is for class. After putting off her science requirement for the past two years she finds herself in biology sitting next to Bo. Bo has a reputation around as a womanizer and also a fighter. She knows she should stay away but he doesn’t make that easy.

Bo is a fighter. Not because he is good at it but because he needs it. He needs to feel the pain and the aggression. Leaving the Marines and going to school with his friend Noah has landed him next to AM in biology class. He has no idea what the deal is with AM. He finds her attractive and he has caught her staring but she rebuffs his flirtations. So he takes a chance and makes her his lab partner.

The sexual tension between Bo and AM is off the charts. They both want each other but when Bo finds out what has been going on with AM he realizes that she needs to be treated differently, that she deserves better then what he can give. But the chemistry between them cannot be denied. I loved watching these two dance around each other. I also love how they grew with each other. Bo has serious issues with his father and with his aggression. AM also has some issues with her father but together they were able to work through them.

Bo is such a complicated guy. He may come off as a bit of an asshole but he is a stand up guy for the people he cares about. I really, really liked him. And I love his friends.

I cannot wait for more from the Woodlands crew. Finn is up next and I can’t wait to get more of him. I also really liked AM. In the beginning I was a little wary of her. She comes across as this strong woman but she’s vulnerable too. I loved when she finally stood up for herself and against her tormentors.

Unspoken is a great New Adult read that has the perfect amount of angst, humor and sexiness. I can’t wait to read more.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...