Saturday, September 7, 2013

{Jamie #Review} Contemporary Erotic Romance: Against The Ropes by Sarah Castille

Genre: Contemporary Erotic
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (September 3, 2013)

He scared me. He thrilled me. And after one touch, all I could think about was getting more…

Makayla never thought she’d set foot in an elite mixed-martial arts club. But if anyone needs a medic on hand, it’s these guys. Then again, at her first sight of the club’s owner she’s the one feeling breathless.

The man they call Torment is all sleek muscle and restrained power. Whether it’s in the ring or in the bedroom, he knows exactly when a soft touch is required and when to launch a full-on assault. He always knows just how far he can push. And he’s about to tempt Makayla in ways she never imagined…

Get A Copy: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | Kobo | BAM | indiebound
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt



REVIEW:

Oh how I love those MMA fighters.

Makayla, Mac, is looking for a way to make some extra money to pay off her college loans. She agrees to help her friend sell tickets at an underground fight club called Redemption but after chasing someone who didn’t pay does she come face to face with Torment, the owner. Mac has an aversion to any kind of violence but can’t seem to look away from the sexy Torment. She also can’t say no as she finds herself working as the in-house EMT for the club and fights.

Torment is smitten with Makayla. He finds her wide-eyed innocence refreshing to the women who usually flock to him, especially since she seems to be trying to put distance between them. Also, she only knows him as Torment, the fighter, not as Max, the successful business billionaire.

There is this innocence in Mac that I liked. I think that innocence works well in her relationship with Max. I also liked how Max had to work to win her over. She didn’t just fall under his spell. I also liked how Mac was very independent and not using Max for his money. She genuinely likes him for him, and even prefers him with his motorcycle and leather than his sexy suits and limo.

But she isn’t all that innocent. Girl has a dirty mind and I loved it:
From what I’ve heard so far, fighting seems to have a lot in common with sex. I like sex. Maybe I’ll grow to like fighting, too.

Of course, Max/Torment is my favorite. Max is a complicated guy. There are many layers to him. He’s all alpha and possessive and dominant. Oh, and tortured. And a bit kinky. But underneath all that alpha possessiveness he is a good guy. I mean, he packed a picnic for her. *swoon* And he’s sex on a stick. That man could melt your panties off with one look. Plus, his desk has d-rings on it. Hello!

I enjoyed reading Against The Ropes. Was it a little over the top at times? Yes. But, it made me laugh and I couldn’t put it down. I’ll definitely be looking into more books by Sarah Castille.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...