Tuesday, August 13, 2013

{Kati #Review} New Adult Contemporary: Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

KEEPING HER by Cora Carmack
Series: Losing It #1.5
Genre: New Adult
Format: ebook via Edeilweiss
Length: 110 pages
Publisher: William Morrow (August 13, 2013)

Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?

But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as they thought.

As it turns out, the only thing harder than finding love is keeping it.

Get Your Own Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | BAM
Other Books in Series:



REVIEW:

Confession: I haven't read Faking It or Losing It by Cora Carmack. I know, I know. I should hang my head in shame because the rest of the world has already read both books. After reading Keeping Her, I will definitely make time to do so.

Basically Keeping Her is sort of an Ever After type of novella that shows Garrick and Bliss taking the next step towards forever so be sure to read Losing It so you're up to date on some of the back story. I was a bit lost in that department. I gathered she was his former student but he gave up teaching to be with her. There was some smexing and a move from Austin to Philadelphia. So definitely read this novella after reading Losing It.

They head off to London to meet his family and Bliss is nervous as all get out. She's got the Kristen Stewart lip biting and worrying down to a science. After arriving in London, she meets Garrick's mates who totally had me laughing with their banter (perhaps some future short novellas for these two blokes?). Then they head off to meet his parents which end up in a surprise party and Bliss breaking a vase, standing up to Garrick's mother and some smexy loving—behind closed doors and in Garrick's old room, of course. Then a hiccup of sorts arises and they have different views as how to resolve it.

This was a quick, fun read fill with humor, pop culture references (hello Harry Potter and Alex Mack) and a forever you'll be rooting for. Ms. Carmack is definitely an author I will be reading more of. In a British accent—in my mind since I don't think the general public is ready for my accent imitation which somehow ends up sounding Russian in the end.

Favorite Quote:
If you would have told me two years ago that I'd be getting married to a girl that I'd met just over a year ago, I would called you mental. My romantic history was so horrendous, I'd never really thought of myself as the marrying type. Until her.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...