She is also the author of Worth the Risk and Yours At Midnight from Entangled’s Ever After line, and Kissing the Maid of Honor from Entangled's Bliss line.
Connect with Robin: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Hey everyone! Thanks so much for having me here today Jamie and Kati! I’m super excited to be visiting Romancing Rakes for the Love of Romance to talk about Risky Surrender, the second book in my Take A Risk series from Entangled Publishing.
You guys ready for some info no one else knows? Here I go with five fun facts about the book…
- Originally, Lucy and McCall knew each other from college and McCall was Lucy’s boyfriend’s best friend. But switching them to strangers—and enemies—upped the animosity and really muddled their ability to think straight. I loved that! Especially when the second they lay eyes on each other sparks fly. Losing brain cells because of lust = fun tension.
- Lucy can’t whistle. I don’t know how to whistle either (well I know how, but only a little hum comes out when I try), and I really wish I could! If only McCall could coach me, too.
- When thinking of a title for the book the first thing that came to mind was Risky Business. Then I couldn’t get Tom Cruise sliding across the floor in his underwear out of my head and decided to come up with something else.
- Secondary character, Owen, holds a special place in my heart. He’s not molded after anybody I know, but his name is significant. Owen was my dad’s middle name. My dad passed away four years ago.
- The epilogue was added in edits. I totally agreed with my editor when she said we needed one. And I thought, what do readers want to read? Sex. They like to read the hero and heroine having sex. So that’s what I gave you.
Just thought you’d also like to know that I couldn’t get Bob Seger’s voice and TC out of my head again…
Now that I’ve shared I’d love to know one fun fact about you!
McCall feigned sleep when she eased open the sliding glass door and tiptoed back to her room. Despite the clench of every muscle in his body, he was relieved to see her. The digital clock on the nightstand read five thirty-two. He’d noted her absence at three forty-five when for some reason he needed to check on her.
When she padded by him in pajama shorts and a tank top to use the bathroom, his damn libido forgave her before he even blinked. Her long legs, perfect ass, and sculpted arms teased him into dismissing her agenda.
No doubt she’d been up to no good.
He pushed himself up.
A minute later she crept by him again, her attention on the floor. Which made the jutting out of his arm that much sweeter.
That he understood. “Yeah?”
“Let me go.” She squirmed against him.
He flipped on the bedside lamp. He could get used to this wiggling of hers. “So you can sneak back out?”
Her body stilled. Seconds of silence dragged between them. In the dim light of the room her eyes twinkled with excitement. “I told you I had things to do.”
Being so close to her, the last thing he wanted to do was talk. But until he knew for sure what the glow on her face was about he’d keep his distance.
“Okay.” He sat back on the bed, willing to let her win this round. She couldn’t have gone far without a car, could she?
“How am I looking at you?”
“Like I’ve been dipped in a caramel chocolate swirl.” She stared at him in fascination. Her chest rose and fell. Heat entered her eyes, no mistake about it.
He stood. “My favorite.”
She took a big step back and put her hand up. “That wasn’t an invitation.”
“What was it then?” He stopped just shy of her palm.
“I don’t know. I’m half asleep and can’t be held responsible for the idiotic words coming out of my mouth.”
He couldn’t help it. His gaze dipped to his favorite part of her anatomy—her mouth. One kiss. One kiss and he could stop fantasizing about what she’d taste like.
Excerpt from Risky Surrender ©2013 by Robin Bielman. All rights reserved.
Series: Risking It #2
Length: 106 pages
Publisher: Entangled Ever After (August 26, 2013)
Archeologist Lucy Davenport made a promise to retrieve an elusive piece of history buried in the walls of an iconic Indian village. But when she draws unwanted attention that interferes with her secret plans, she's forced to risk it all with a man who threatens not only her goal, but the walls she's carefully constructed around her heart.
Keats McCall is an environmental preservationist navigating the globe on behalf of heritage protection. When he catches Lucy at his latest project, he suspects she's up to something. She secretive, sexy as hell—and has trouble written all over her. He devises a plan to keep her close so he can keep an eye on her. But what he isn’t prepared for is just how close he wants to get.
Get Your Own Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo
Here's what Robin's giving away during her blog tour:
- Win a $25 GC to the online store of your choice so you can buy something you'll treasure.
- Name a character in a future Risk It book!
a Rafflecopter giveaway