Monday, July 29, 2013

{Jamie #Review} Erotica: The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz

THE MISTRESS by Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners, #4
Genre: Erotica
Format: ebook via Netgalley
Length: 464 pages
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA (July 30, 2013)

There's punishment-and then there's vengeance.

Nora Sutherlin is being held, bound and naked. Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captor isn't interested in play. Or pity.

As the reality of her impending peril unfolds, Nora becomes Scheherazade, buying each hour of her life with stories-sensual tales of Søren, Kingsley and Wesley, each of whom has tempted and tested and tortured her in his own way. This, Nora realizes, is her life: nothing so simple, so vanilla, as a mere love triangle for her. It's a knot in a silken cord, a tangled mass of longings of the body and the heart and the mind. And it may unravel at any moment.

But in Nora's world, no one is ever truly powerless-a cadre of her friends, protectors and lovers stands ready to do anything to save her, even when the only certainty seems to be sacrifice and heartbreak....

Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | B&N | BAM | Kobo
Book Extras: Free Stories | Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:



REVIEW:

Rating: 15 million Hearts

All hail Tiffany Reisz, Queen of the Mindfuck!

*Warning: If you have not read the first three books, especially The Prince, then perhaps reading this review wouldn’t be the thing to do. Also, what the hell have you been waiting for? Get to reading! *

In Tiffany we trust. That’s what this review should be titled. After the ending of The Prince left us hanging, by a thread, Tiffany told us to trust her. Easier said then done. But I did it. I put my trust in Tiffany and I was not disappointed.

Where to start? I will say I was torn about reading The Mistress. I have never anticipated the release of a book so much and then not want to read it. I knew this was the last book in the Red Years and I just wasn’t ready for it to end. But I put my big girl panties on and jumped down the rabbit hole. I was not disappointed.

The chapters are titled with chess piece names, and each chess piece corresponds to a certain character. It’s not hard to figure out who belongs to which piece so I won’t bore you with that. Just know that in chess every piece is valuable to winning the game and in this final story, every person has a valuable part to play.

The Mistress picks up where The Prince left off. Nora finds herself tied up, and not in the fun way, and held hostage. Kingsley is on a mission to save her. Wesley wants her back. Søren needs her back. Laila, Søren’s niece, becomes a pawn in the game and Grace Easton may just help save them all.

I don’t want to spoil things so I’m just going to talk about some of my favorite characters. And I’ll start with the man who stole the story: Kingsley. Oh, Kingsley. This is the man you want in your corner. He was such a mystery up until The Prince and really getting to know him, and what makes him tick, was the best part. And he wouldn’t be King without his confidant and cocky attitude. He does have some great lines.

Søren. Through out the series you see Søren as this strong, almost terrifying dominant man who is always in control. Yet, now we see him probably at his most vulnerable. If you didn’t love him before, then there is no way you can’t not love him now. His love for Nora is unshakable and to see him so lost was heartbreaking. I did love seeing more of him and getting inside his head. I love him. And he has some great lines too. Some very emotional and poignant and some subtly funny.

Grace. The wildcard. When I saw Grace was playing a big part in The Mistress I didn’t really understand why and I think while I was reading I really didn’t get it. But then it all clicked. She was the calm in a house of turmoil. She was Søren’s rock.
“I imagine even a priest needs words of comfort sometimes.”
“All the time, Grace.”

Nora. What can one say about Nora that hasn’t been said? She is an amazing woman. I want to be her when I grow up. She also has one of my favorite lines, maybe ever. “Bitch, please- I’m kinkier than he his.”

The Mistress is the fourth and final book in the Original Sinners, the Red Years series. The first three books in the series left me broken when they ended. As the story continued, and there were more mindfucks, I was a mess at the end of The Prince. Thankfully, The Mistress put me back together. Though, Miss Reisz, you are devious. I’m onto you and your mindfuckery. But for me, it was a perfect ending. Seeing the characters grow and evolve over the series has been an amazing journey that has also impacted my life. I’ve grown and evolved right along with them. I’m not the same person I was when I started this series and I’m forever grateful for that.





Reviews for other books in series:
The Mistress (Book #1)
The Angel (Book #2)
The Prince (Book #3)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...