Friday, July 26, 2013

{Jamie #Review} New Adult Contemporary: The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


THE FOREVER OF ELLA AND MICHA by Jessica Sorensen
Series: Ella and Micha #2
Format: eBook via Netgalley
Genre: New Adult
Length: 416 pages
Publisher: Forever (May 28, 2013)

Ella is back at school, trying to focus on her future and forget the darkness of her past. Still, her ongoing family drama is making it harder and harder to get through the days. All she really wants is Micha, but no way will she let her problems get in the way of his dreams.

Micha is busy touring the country with his band, seemingly getting everything he's ever wanted. But deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he expected. And while he longs to have her with him, he won't ask her to leave college just to be at his side.

When Ella and Micha are together, anything seems possible . . . but lately those shared moments aren't so easy to find. When a new tragedy shakes their already fragile world, one of them will make a dramatic choice that could break them apart forever . . .

Get Your Own Copy: Kindle | Nook | iBooks | Kobo | indiebound | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

Ella and Micha’s story continue in Forever. I was kind of torn about another story because I thought that The Secret of Ella and Micha ended so well, but I wanted more of these two that I was happy to get more of them.

The story picks up after a couple of months since the end of Secrets and Micha is traveling with his band and Ella is back at school. The long distance isn’t the only thing getting in the middle of their relationship. Ella’s father is causing problems again and Ella’s insecurities are getting the best of her.

There are a lot of ups and downs in Forever. Ella is dealing with issues from her past, her present, and what lies in her future. There is a constant push and pull, where she tries to push Micha away but then needs him back. Oh, Ella. This girl drove me batty. I really just wanted to slap her upside the head.

But the real star of this story is Micha. You cannot read this and not fall more in love with him. He is total hero material. Yes, he has his own issues but he really comes into his own in this story. I also think you get to know him better, we get more of his past. That, and his love for Ella is pure and strong.

In the end, it was a good story. It was very dark at times, especially with Ella’s depression, but it was also sexy and fun. I loved seeing them work through their issues and really cement their love for each other. I will say that I am desperate for the next book, which will be about Ethan and Lila. I so cannot wait for Ethan’s story and I’m sure we’ll see more of Ella and Micha.

Favorite Quote:
“You need to give me some credit. You left me, ripped out my heart, and then came back acting like a robot, and you know what? We made it through. You and I, good or bad, belong together. We make each other whole.”





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...