Jill Shalvis is taking us back to Lucky Harbor with the seventh book in the series. She shares why she loves small town romances and you get to win a copy of IT HAD TO BE YOU. Jamie did a mini review and dubs is a "totally fun, sexy read."
WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOG JILL!!!
USA Today bestseller Jill Shalvis is the award winning author of over four dozen romance novels, including her upcoming sexy contemporary novel Simply Irresistible, book one in the Lucky Harbor series. The 4-time Rita nominee and 3-time National Readers Choice winner makes her home near Lake Tahoe. Visit her website at www.jillshalvis.com for a complete book list and daily blog.
Connect with Jill: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter
I was asked to come up with five reasons why everyone loves a small town romance. But the truth is, not everyone does. So this list is why Jill Shalvis Loves A Small Town Romance.
1. It’s a deceptively cozy arena. I like the sense of a close-knit community, but I also like the innate problems that come with living on the stage. Because in a small town, you ARE on the stage. Everyone’s watching.
2. I love writing a series of books that go together, and small towns lend themselves to this really well because everyone’s so nosy and involved, there’s always sequel bait.
3. I grew up in the big city of Los Angeles, but I dreamed about small town living for most of my life. It’s fun to put some of those fantasies to the page.
4. I now live in a very small town, which isn’t always nearly as cozy as I imagined. I might be rewriting history just a little bit just to please myself. Shh, don’t tell anyone.
5. I get a kick out of writing big, rugged, tough heroes. Not necessarily the boardroom type. More like strap on a tool belt or a gun belt… These alpha heroes lend themselves far better to a small town than the big city.
Length: 368 pages
Publisher: May 28, 2013
Ali Winters is not having a good day. Her boyfriend left her, everyone in town thinks she’s a thief, and now she’s about to be kicked out of her home. Her only shot at keeping a roof over her head and clearing her name is to beg for help from a police detective who’s as sexy as he is stern….
After a high-profile case goes wrong, Luke Hanover returns to his hometown for some peace and quiet. Instead he finds a bombshell brunette in a heap of trouble. As he helps Ali put her world back together, the pieces of Luke’s own life finally seem to fall into place. Is this the start of a sizzling fling? Or are Luke and Ali on the brink of something big in a little town called Lucky Harbor?
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | BAM
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:
We're so excited about this book and totally looking forward to more Lucky Harbor books. Jill's publisher is offering one(1) lucky US reader a copy of It Had To Be You. So here's how to entere:
- Leave a comment about your favorite small town romances.
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You must leave a comment. All other entries are optional.
a Rafflecopter giveaway