Friday, May 24, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: Mini Review of It Had To Be You by Jill Shalvis


I’m back! Have you missed me? It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I’ve been finishing up classes and getting my act together. I’ve been so busy that reading was just not an option. But it is all over! And now I can read all I want and share it all with you, which is what my Juicy Tidbits is all about.

So, I devoured a book yesterday. Yep, read it all in one day. That’s how good it was. What is this book you ask? Well, it’s the next release of one of my favorite series: It Had To Be You by Jill Shalvis.

I can’t begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this book. I love Lucky Harbor. I wish I could go and visit this place and people. I think that may be my favorite thing about this series, that you can’t help but fall in love with these characters. Even the secondary, in the background, characters. Plus, you get to “see” the previous heroes and heroines and see how they are doing. But you won’t be lost if you haven’t read the previous stories.

Anyway, It Had To Be You starts off the next trilogy in the Lucky Harbor series. Looking for some peace from a case gone bad, Detective Luke Hanover heads back to his hometown of Lucky Harbor for a vacation. What he finds is anything but peace and quite. Instead he finds and woman in his house wearing nothing but her underwear. After being dumped by her boyfriend and getting kicked out of her house Ali Winters is having a bad day. Which gets worse when she gets accused of stealing money from her ex. Luke, despite his not wanting to get involved, finds himself drawn into protecting Ali and finding the real thief.

This was a fun, sexy read. Jill Shalvis is a wonderful storyteller who makes you fall in love with her characters. These are people I would love to be friends with. Plus, she knows how to bring the heat. The chemistry between Luke and Ali is off the charts. I don’t now how those two kept their hands to themselves for as long as they did.

It goes without saying that I loved Luke. I have a weakness for brooding men. Not to mention that he is a good guy who doesn’t think he’s good enough. But I have to say that I really loved Ali. She’s independent and a bit stubborn but she also has this vulnerability to her that makes you like her.

Overall, this was a great read. 4 Hearts!

So my Juicy Tidbit for the week… Pick up a Jill Shalvis book and enjoy the holiday weekend.

PS… It Had To Be You comes out on Tuesday. Just saying.


Ali Winters is not having a good day. Her boyfriend left her, everyone in town thinks she’s a thief, and now she’s about to be kicked out of her home. Her only shot at keeping a roof over her head and clearing her name is to beg for help from a police detective who’s as sexy as he is stern….

After a high-profile case goes wrong, Luke Hanover returns to his hometown for some peace and quiet. Instead he finds a bombshell brunette in a heap of trouble. As he helps Ali put her world back together, the pieces of Luke’s own life finally seem to fall into place. Is this the start of a sizzling fling? Or are Luke and Ali on the brink of something big in a little town called Lucky Harbor?

Pre-Order A Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | BAM | Kobo
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...