Friday, April 26, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: Drew and Fable by Monica Murphy


If you’ve been keeping up with my Juicy Tidbits then you know I’ve been on a New Adult streak. This is because Kati is an enabler and feeds my addiction. I’m also addicted to those stories that leave you broken. I go on broken book benders as we’ve called them and it lead to my post today.

I picked One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy because people were talking about and the blurb had me. So I sat down to read a couple of chapters and next thing I know hours had passed. I had fallen into the story and didn’t want to leave Drew and Fable. I would get butterflies in my stomach reading it. I finished One Week Girlfriend with in a couple of days immediately wanted the next in the series, Second Chance Boyfriend.

Sadly, I had to wait a couple of weeks for that. I had to stop myself from yelling “marshmallow” at my kindle. (Confused? Read the book!) But when I got it, I blocked out the world and read it. I was so excited to get back into Drew and Fable and see what happened. You can’t help but root for them.

I think my favorite thing about these two books is that the main characters have this realness about them. Fable is flawed. She isn’t some paragon of virtue come to save Drew. And Drew isn’t perfect either. He has his own set of issues but together they compliment each other and it works. Honestly, it’s some of the best writing and storytelling I’ve read.


My Juicy Tidbit for you… Pick up these two books! One of the best series I’ve read this year. I dare you to fall in love with Drew and Fable. You won’t regret it.


Have you read Monica's books? What are your thoughts about New Adult books? Would you pick them up or is the content too hard to read?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...