WELCOME TO THE BLOG CASSANDRA!!!
Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on the computer. She has won numerous awards for her writing and had one of her books cited as a Top Pick/Recommended Read by over a dozen review sites.
Connect with Cassandra: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest
Seven Fun Facts about Should've Known Better
by Cassandra Carr
1. Should've Known Better is the first book I ever wrote.
2. The book as it is today bears little resemblence to the book it was when I originally wrote it in 2008.
3. In its 2008 form, the book drew a surprising amount of interest from big NY publishing houses. Perhaps that was foreshadowing about the increased interest in sports romance?
4. The original manuscript was actually Sabres fan fiction. My mother, writer Cynthia Racette, suggested I fictionalize it and try it out with some publishers.
5. Sebastian, the hero, originally had physical features similar to Sidney Crosby, but was 6'4". Hey, sue me. He's hot.
7. Sebastian's roommate Rob is nicknamed "The Don" by his teammates. A real Sabres player (well, ex-Sabres player now), Derek Roy actually had that nickname.
This book was re-written so many times I can't even count them all. But now you'll hopefully agree with me that it's a great book. Sebastian is still my favorite hero of all the books and stories I've released.
What do you think of the above items? Is it cool to know a little bit about the behind-the-scenes of the creation of a book?
Sara Jenkins is a self-professed math geek and hockey fanatic. She's thrilled when the Buffalo Sting of the NHL hire her as an advisor because she can marry her two loves into the perfect job.Get Your Own Copy: Smashwords
Sebastian St. Amant is a young French-Canadian hockey player looking to make the jump from the minors to the big leagues. His lifelong dream is within reach, but he needs to convince the Sting's management and coaches he's ready for the NHL.
Sara and Sebastian meet, and sparks fly immediately. Both want to succeed at their jobs, but they can't ignore the growing attraction between them. Of course, a relationship is out of the question since Sara works for the Sting and Sebastian is a player -- and one fifteen years her junior. But the impossible becomes the necessary as Sara and Sebastian find they can't fight their attraction any longer. Being together might destroy them both, but they'd still win at the game of love.