Friday, March 1, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: New Adult


There seems to be a new trend in the romance world. Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of talk about New Adult books. And yes, I may be a bit behind on the trend but that’s because I’m always late to the party. So, what is this New Adult trend?

Well, from what I’ve read, and it hasn’t been a whole lot, it seems that New Adult is hitting that in between age group. The main characters seem to be in their college years to mid twenties. They are older then their Young Adult counterparts but they are not quite in the settling down phase.

I was never really a fan of Young Adult, probably because when it comes down to it I like the sex. I like the romance and the sexual tension that will pay off in the end. So now, I can get the young angst with the sex, or at least second base.

Anyway, I’m just fumbling my way around this new genre but I thought I would mention some of the New Adult read that I have read. Also, on goodreads there is a shelf that list a lot of New Adult book. But these are my favorites.
There are many more on my list to read. Abbi Glines has been recommended to me by a lot of people. Also, Jessica Sorensen.

So my Juicy Tidbit for this week… try some New Adult. Go back and remember the days of when going out on Wednesday nights, wearing too much makeup, and complaining to the girls about guys. (Oh, wait. This is still me)

Also, are you reading New Adult? Is there someone I should try?

P.S. We're giving away a Kindle copy of ONE WEEK GIRLFRIEND by Monica Murphy HERE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...