Friday, March 8, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: A mini #review of An Introduction to Pleasure by Jess Michaels


AN INTRODUCTION TO PLEASURE by Jess Michaels
Series:Mistress Matchmaker series, Book 1
Format: PDF
Genre: Historical
Length: 232 pages
Publisher: Samhain (June 19, 2012)

An innocent lady’s education could be a gentleman’s wicked seduction.

Lysandra Keates is running out of options. Her father is dead, her mother is ill, and her efforts to find respectable employment have ended in failure. With her small savings bleeding away, she swallows her pride—and her terror—and turns to Vivien Manning, an infamous courtesan, to match her with a wealthy protector.

For years, Viscount Andrew Callis has lived a monastic existence at his country estate, hardening his body against the snobbish, lazy young man he once was, hardening his heart against grief over the deaths of his wife and infant son. When Vivien asks him to spend one month training a young woman in the ways of a mistress, his mind resists…but his body responds with an ache he thought long dead.

As Andrew begins his gentle tutelage, he finds himself falling under the spell of Lysandra’s innocent charms. And as they give in to the powerful hunger, the last thing Andrew ever expected, or wanted, forms between them. An emotional connection that could carry them well past the training period—if only Andrew can open his heart to the possibility of love.
Get Your Own Copy: Kindle | Nook | Samhain
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:

As we all know by now, I’m a series whore. If I can I always like to start at the beginning of a series. But sometimes it can’t be helped and I find myself in the middle of a series. Though if it’s a great book I will go back and read the books I’ve missed in the series. That is what happened with Jess Michaels’ Mistress Matchmakers Series.

I read and reviewed book 2 in the Mistress Matchmakers Series, For Desire Alone, and loved it. Now, I have book 3 waiting for me to review but I wanted to start from the beginning since Vivien is the heroine of that book and she is the Mistress Matchmaker. So today I bring you a mini review of book 1: An Introduction of Pleasure.

Review:

Lysandra Keates is out of options. Forced to a new fate she turns to the infamous Mistress Matchmaker Vivien Manning to turn her into a perfect mistress for the men of the ton. Viscount Andrew Callis wants nothing more than to return to his seclusion in the country. But he can’t turn away from Vivien’s request to tutor Lysandra, even though he wants too. The enticing Lysandra stirs his body back to life, which has been numb since the death of his wife and baby, and it’s hard to deny his attraction to her.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Lysandra grow into herself with Andrew’s help. And he was very eager to help her. These two burned up the pages with their sexual chemistry. But it was more than that. Lysandra tries to pull Andrew back to the living and to clear the sadness from his eyes. Then there is Andrew who continues to punish himself for the death of his wife. Watching him try to fight his feelings for Lysandra I couldn’t help but want to slap him upside the head sometimes. Even then, I loved Andrew.

Very rarely do I enjoy the heroine in books but I couldn’t help but love Lysandra. She has this innocence about her but still has the strength to keep her head up, especially when Andrew fights his attraction to her. And boy does Andrew fight it.

When Lysandra enters is life he fights every feeling he has for her, sometimes with hurtful words or actions. 


My favorite thing about reading Jess Michaels’ books is that even though they are erotic there is still a heavy dose of emotion that makes it more then just about the sex. And while it certainly sets the pages on fire, it’s the underlying emotion that really makes the story and the romance.

My Juicy Tidbit for this week… Pick up Jess Michaels' books. If you’re a fan of sexy, steamy, emotional, erotic historical romance then I think you would enjoy Jess Michaels. The Mistress Matchmaker Series also has my favorite heroes… the tortured kind. I cannot wait to start Vivien’s book and see what happens.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...