Friday, March 22, 2013

Jamie's Juicy Tidbits: Crack Books featuring Kristen Ashley


I’d like to take some time and talk about what I like to call crack books. These are the books that may not be perfect, they are a little rough around the edges but there is something that drags you in. It is almost impossible to put it down once you get going. Now for me the ultimate crack books, or crhack, are JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Now, you all know how I feel about the BDB and I promised Kati that I wouldn’t keep badgering you all with my love.*

Anyway… I have discovered a new author this year that definitely writes crack books, Kristen Ashley. Months ago I told you about her book Motorcycle Man… and the hero Tack. Oh Tack. I’m making my way through the Dream Man series and I’m loving it.

Now, there has been a lot of talk on twitter about a new series she has written, the Unfinished Hero series. So being addicted to the crack that is Kristen Ashley I bought the first two, Knight and Creed. Thankfully this week is my Spring Break because there was no way I was getting anything done once I started reading.

Now, Knight took me way into the rabbit hole and at times I wanted to get out but I couldn’t. I was mesmerized. Knight is Knight and he doesn’t apologize for who he is. He is a very unconventional hero but I couldn’t help but be drawn to him.

Creed was very dark, much darker then Knight. And just like Knight, Creed is not your usual hero and Sylvie is not your usual heroine. But I dare you to try and not fall in love with them.

My Juicy Tidbit for you… embrace the crack! If you are not afraid to enter the world of the rough around the edges, uber alpha, unconventional heroes then I recommend Kristen Ashley. And be prepared to push the boundaries of your comfort level, but then again pushing boundaries are always fun.

Do you have any crack books that you read? Books that once you start you can’t stop?

(PS… Lover at Last by JR Ward comes out on Tuesday. Just saying.)


*Jamie already did a post sharing her BDB lurve so it's only fair to showcase other books. Don't worry though, you'll be hearing some BDB fangirling once Lover at Last releases :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...