Welcome to day fourteen of our Sealed with A Kiss event. The lovely Theresa Romain is back again and she's sharing love letters between the hero and heroine of Season for Surrender.
WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOG THERESA!!!
Historical romance author Theresa Romain pursued an impractical education that allowed her to read everything she could get her hands on. She then worked for universities and libraries, where she got to read even more. Eventually she started writing, too. She lives with her family in the Midwest, where she is working on her next book. In fall 2013, the next story in her SEASON quartet will be published, as will the first in an all-new trilogy.
Connect with Theresa: Author Site | Facebook | Twitter
Thanks so much to our lovely hostesses for inviting me to join the Sealed with a Kiss series. And to all of you readers, a very happy Valentine’s Day!
Today I’m sharing letters from Louisa and Alex, the hero and heroine of my fall 2012 release, SEASON FOR SURRENDER. The story is set during a scandalous house party, during which bookish Louisa discovers her adventurous side and roguish Alex learns how to be a better man. Together, they also solve a code and unravel a few family puzzles. And whenever they find themselves alone in the library? Steaminess ahoy.
Valentine’s Day falls shortly after Louisa and Alex’s marriage and about five weeks after the events of SEASON FOR SURRENDER. I hope you enjoy these letters from the newly wed pair.
Letter from Louisa, Lady Xavier, to Alexander, Lord Xavier
Left next to the earl’s pillow that night
February 14, 1819
- Holds my hand, even before the servants, though he tries to look very stern as he does so.
- Lets me sleep in of a morning, especially after keeping me awake half the night.
- Surprises me with a collection of new books—yes, my dear, I was surprised, and still more so that you said I might shelve them how I pleased. Huzzah!
- Maintains a collection of scandalous books beneath the library window seat (perhaps you thought I did not know of those—but where else would I have learned the particular activity, of which you were so fond, which I demonstrated on the chaise longue this afternoon?).
- This husband loves me just as I am, for all my quirks and faults and odd bits. And
- I love him, absolutely and wholeheartedly, for the same.
And yes, I know exactly what you meant by 13 21 6 6 9 14. You are quite ridiculous, my dear—but then, so am I.
Genre: HistoricalGet Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Nook | Kobo | iBooks | Book Depository | BAM | Powell's
Length: 368 pages
Publisher: Kensington Zebra (October 2, 2012)
HONOR AMONG ROGUES
Alexander Edgware, Lord Xavier, has quite a reputation—for daring, wagering, and wickedness in all its delightful forms. But the wager before him is hardly his preferred sport: Xavier must persuade a proper young lady to attend his famously naughty Christmas house party—and stay the full, ruinous two weeks. Worse, the lady is Louisa Oliver, a doe-eyed bookworm Xavier finds quite charming. Yet to refuse the challenge is impossible—he will simply have to appoint himself Miss Oliver’s protector…
MISCHIEF AMONG MISSES
Louisa knows her chance for a husband has passed. But she has no desire to retire into spinsterhood without enjoying a few grand adventures first. When Lord Xavier’s invitation arrives, Louisa is more intrigued than insulted. And once inside the rogues’ gallery, she just may have a thing or two to teach her gentlemen friends about daring…
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Book in Series:
- Leave a comment about your favorite romance couple or couples --we know it's hard to decide sometimes.
- Fill out the rafflecopter form below. You must leave a comment. All other entries are optional.
Head over to Dani's blog for Alex's letter to Louisa.
Don't forget to enter for the grand prize! A giant box of books or $25 worth of books from The Book Depository.
Thank you to Theresa for celebrating with us!
a Rafflecopter giveaway