Friday, January 11, 2013

Erotic Review: Fall Into You by Roni Loren

FALL INTO YOU by Roni Loren
Series: Loving on the Edge #3
Format: Paperback
Genre: Erotic Contemporary
Length: 336 pages
Publisher: Berkley (December 31, 2012)

He’ll do anything for you. But you’d better say please.

When tomboy sports reporter Charli Beaumonde loses a dream TV job because she’s not girly enough for primetime, she’s determined to land a big scoop and prove her boss made a mistake. But when she gets too close to a football scandal and finds her life threatened, Charli accepts an offer from family friend Grant Waters to hide out at his place—even if Grant predicts nothing but trouble from his buddy’s hard-headed, uncompromising, irrepressible, younger sister. There’s one more problem…

Grant’s “place” is The Ranch, a BDSM resort in Texas, and he’s used to being in charge —even if that means trying to keep Charli in line. But much to Grant’s surprise, she’s intrigued—even envious—of his trainees. They’re the epitome of what she’s never been: sexy, beguiling, and totally irresistible to a man. Still, Grant doesn’t believe for a minute that the sharp-tongued Charli has it in her to be anyone’s submissive. But Charli’s already on her knees vying for the chance to prove that even the Master can be wrong sometimes.
Get Your Own Copy: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | nookKobo | iBooks | Book Depository
Book Extras: Read an Excerpt
Other Books in Series:


REVIEW:

GAH! I'm so happy that Roni Loren decided to release Grant's book after Jace's. Grant's no-nonsense attitude gives him a sense of aloofness but there is something haunted underneath it all and it takes one strong willed woman who is willing to submit yet challenge him to finally show him that yes, there can be more than one love in a lifetime.

FALL INTO YOU, is the story of Grant Waters, owner of all-exclusive BDSM club, The Ranch, and sports reporter with a dented self esteem, Charli Beaumonde. These two are an explosive combination that will have you torn between laughing at their verbal exchanges and clutching your book during their physical interaction. And I mean physical. Hel-lo.

It goes something like this:

Charli: What the frak are these crazies doing? Effing high beams! Oh crap! Diiiiitch *crash*

Grant: *say it with a twang* What the heck is that? *goes to investigate* Hellooo freckles!

Charli: Holy hotness! I must have hit my head harder than I thought. P.S. Please don't call my brother after you find out that he saved your life in battle. And don't write me off since you know my brother.

Grant: Oh freckles, the things I would do to you, in you, on you...

Charli: I'll stay with you since my place has been compromised and someone had the nerve to steal all my notes on that football scandal. I don't want to stay with my brother.

Grant: No sexual thoughts about your friend's sister, no sexual thoughts about your friend's sister, no sexual thoughts about your friend's...How many ways can I tie her up? What is she like in bed?  Out of bed? How would she look with my mark on her? *broods*

Charli: *hormones going crazy while practically eye fucking Grant*

Grant: If you're gonna stay here, there's rules. You're staying on this side of the fence. Other side is for resort members only. *proceeds to touching Charli inappropriately after finding her being all creepy in the bushes trying to find a wi-fi signal*

Charli: *decides to break the rules and fence hop* There are just somethings you can't unsee and two guys doing it against a tree is one of them then gets taken in by a girl clad in leather and proceeds to not draw attention to herself. Oops! *caught by Grant*

Grant: Proceeds to show Charli exactly what happens at The Ranch after Charli asks to get some training from Colby. Wrong question Charli! He decides to take on Charli as his sub but meets quite a bit of resistance along the way.

Charli: Two weeks of training to help me with my confidence issues. I need to show those a*holes at the TSN that I can totally do the job. And while I'm at it, I will still pursue this story that could totally make my career. Seriously.

Grant and Charli proceed to have a D/s temporary arrangement. After two weeks, they go their separate ways. A lot can happen in two weeks. Trying not to get killed, spending a lot of time together, trying not to fall in love, slowly sharing their background with each other, trying to keep a "professional" relationship and trying to compete with a ghost.

I loved that Grant and Charli are both broken and that is what brings them closer together. The guy holding on to memories with a guilty conscience and a need to protect, a woman who can't seem to get past her tomboy image and thinks she will never find 'the one'. Grant needed someone who could keep him on his toes but someone who is willing to submit completely where it counts and Charli is it. These two are imperfectly perfect for each other.  

I will definitely say that this is Roni's sexiest book yet.

FAVORITE QUOTE:
I won't let you fall. If only he could truly guarantee that. She already felt her world tilting, and it had nothing to do with her shaky legs.
Overall:
It's another winner from Roni Loren! Every Loving on the Edge books gets hotter than the Texas sun in the middle of July. If you've ever been to Texas, that's pretty hot. Grant's book will have you reading up until the wee hours of the morning, breaking out the ice and/or rushing to take a cold shower after the last page and will leave you stunned and maybe ugly crying. Fall Into You is the perfect blend of a sexy, sigh-worthy, laugh out loud read with a dash of Southern charm. I'm not into kinky stuff but if Grant would train me, I'd be willing and totally ready. *fans self* I can't wait for the next book in the series. Roni Loren's books are on my auto-buy list.

P.S. The Loving on the Edge books can all be read stand-alone but the best part of reading them together is getting to meet up with characters from past books, see what they're currently up to.


***review copy provided by publisher/bought a paperback copy***


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...